dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mean ole refs, picking on Dallas. Want some cheese with that whine?

And just because I don't buy the conspiracy crap doesn't mean there's not any.

I don't think they are picking on us, there's obviously other reasons.

It is not dumb luck that this season, and especially these last several games are what they are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
not all the holding calls were BS. Smith and Witten were holding on the Zeke TD play.

Everybody that looked at the Tyron Smith call on the TD seemed to think it was b/s, including the NFL.com reporters who did the write up after the game.

Didn't seem like Troy thought much of the call either.

There's no doubt Witten held on the Dez Bryant play, and there's not any doubt Lael Collins and J Cooper held on the two they were called for.

The issue many (including me) have is the fact the refs eagle eyed all the ones vs us, but for 3+ games now haven't managed to see one example of holding on ANY play by our opponents.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everybody that looked at the Tyron Smith call on the TD seemed to think it was b/s, including the NFL.com reporters who did the write up after the game.

on a td play, it really should have to be an egregious penalty to count. during that game i kept thinking too...if its 50/50, why the hell are you tossing a flag? and the 50/50 calls never broke our way either. but all these flags pause the flow of the game, slow the game down, ..its fucking stupid.

and i'm still watching dak get hit helmet-to-helmet. rodgers and brady get that call every time. if you see their helmet bounce in the slightest, and they glance at the ref, you know the flag is coming.

are these the full-time refs now?

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Didn't seem like Troy thought much of the call either.

There's no doubt Witten held on the Dez Bryant play, and there's not any doubt Lael Collins and J Cooper held on the two they were called for.

The issue many (including me) have is the fact the refs eagle eyed all the ones vs us, but for 3+ games now haven't managed to see one example of holding on ANY play by our opponents.

the defender is in a perfect position to make the tackle if Smith doesn't hold

vlcsnap-2017-10-30-19h38m03s696.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
rodgers and brady get that call every time.

wasn't there a game a year or so ago when Rogers was rolling out trying to do one of his Hail Marys. It failed but a flag was called for a late hit but when you look at the replay, it clearly wasn't. So Rogers gets another shot and of course completes the pass for a TD

Am I remembering this correctly?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
he isn't holding
He's got him by the collar of the shoulder pad, it's classic holding and if you see the play in motion you can see he yanks him towards him, by the horse collar.

We just need to fucking clean it up, this sloppy lazy shit and not be in this denial. We're dirty, nasty and mean and we're being checked on it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wasn't there a game a year or so ago when Rogers was rolling out trying to do one of his Hail Marys. It failed but a flag was called for a late hit but when you look at the replay, it clearly wasn't. So Rogers gets another shot and of course completes the pass for a TD

Am I remembering this correctly?

a year ago was week 5 at green bay, end of the 1st qtr. peppers strip sacked dak, gb recovered. 2nd qtr starts, gb is 3rd and long. rodgers gets sacked by durant and they get him for a face mask penalty. cannot find the godamn video of this. but anyway, gb ended up getting a field goal on that drive.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
a year ago was week 5 at green bay, end of the 1st qtr. peppers strip sacked dak, gb recovered. 2nd qtr starts, gb is 3rd and long. rodgers gets sacked by durant and they get him for a face mask penalty. cannot find the godamn video of this. but anyway, gb ended up getting a field goal on that drive.

It was this game:

Miracle! Aaron Rodgers throws 61-yard Hail Mary to beat Lions after controversial penalty

"Green Bay, who had stormed back from 20-0 to trail just 23-21 got the ball deep in its own territory with 23 seconds left and a loss felt imminent. Then it felt definite, after James Jones fell in bounds on a 3rd-and-10 pass, as time expired. There was 0:00 on the clock. The Lions had won. But refs called a controversial facemask on Detroit’s Devin Taylor, who grabbed at Aaron Rodgers, giving Green Bay one untimed down from its own 39-yard line. And then this happened:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Durant definitely grabbed the face mask towards the end

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Right as the ref is making the call there, on the ticker... Ajayi 25 carries for 204 yards and 2 TDs. :(

Yeah that's nice, but this year he's averaging like 3.4 yds per carry and has the most carries in football without a TD.

He was also called out by his coach as lazy and apparently has questions about his knee coming up again.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah that's nice, but this year he's averaging like 3.4 yds per carry and has the most carries in football without a TD.

He was also called out by his coach as lazy and apparently has questions about his knee coming up again.
Yeah, I bet his knee has something to do with this trade. He probably won't have a long career.

But I wouldn't blame him too much for his YPC this year. They have no QB at all.

Top Bottom