Reaction score
Per Stephen Jones, Josh Brent could return to the Cowboys once he gets out of jail

Dallas Cowboys vice-president Stephen Jones said he wouldn’t rule out bringing back former defensive tackle Josh Brent once he completes his jail sentence.

Brent is serving a 180-day jail sentence that was a part of his conviction for a drunk-driving accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown in December of 2012.

Brent was given 10 years probation in January but the judge tacked on a 180 days in jail. He is scheduled to be released right before the Cowboys begin training campJuly 22.

“We’ll certainly look at that,” Jones said Tuesday at the team’s annual golf tournament. “The league will have a big say in when he can come back. We’ll certainly evaluate that situation when it comes. But I certainly wouldn’t rule it out. I mean, you know, he'd have to promise to stop killing people and stuff. But yeah, it'll be discussed."

Brent announced his retirement last summer and would have to file papers with the league to return. He would also be subject to further punishment by the NFL under the league’s personal conduct policy.

Jones said the Cowboys have already had talks with the NFL regarding Brent’s status. He said it was a work in progress.

“Obviously, they’re looking at it, and we’ll kind of see how it goes,” Jones said. “Obviously he sat out a year. The bigger thing is that Josh has to see where his priorities are. A lot of things have to be determined there.

Obviously, Josh has paid a price,” Jones continued. “That’s a tragic, tragic accident. Right now he’s doing what he needs to be doing. We’ll evaluate things as they move forward.”

Clarence Hill

Jun 3, 2014 4:52:22 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

TRACKBACK

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...s-once-he-gets-out-of-jail.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with the Cowboys bringing Josh Brent back for a tryout &/ TC. Of course that is "IF" the league does not auto suspend him. Hopefully, he used his time behind bars to work on his physical and mental conditioning.

If he is out of shape and does not seem mentally motivated that would be a big clue he is not devoted to being a productive member of the team and would warrant the Cowboys kicking is ass to the curb. JMHO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's probably going to get suspended anyway, so the point is moot

Reaction score
The point isn't moot. You can't preach endlessly about character guys and RKGs and doing things the right way then be open to letting a habitual drunk driver who oh by the way killed a teammate back on the team.

What part of the process is that?

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Curious how certain posters will spin this (if it happens).

Go take a look at Idgit's post on it.

He's in full on, "everyone misunderstands what RKG even means".

RKG means whatever is convenient at the time.

Reaction score
The point isn't moot. You can't preach endlessly about character guys and RKGs and doing things the right way then be open to letting a habitual drunk driver who oh by the way killed a teammate back on the team.

Don't care we need DTs.

Reaction score

We sure could use vontaze burfict at LB right now huh

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
“We’ll certainly look at that,” Jones said Tuesday at the team’s annual golf tournament. “The league will have a big say in when he can come back. We’ll certainly evaluate that situation when it comes. But I certainly wouldn’t rule it out. I mean, you know, he'd have to promise to stop killing people and stuff. But yeah, it'll be discussed."

Lol

I personally don't care if he comes back or not. But if you're preaching this RKG bullshit then you should have and need to get rid of this guy. Doesn't matter how hard he sucks JG or Jerry's dick to stay on the team. Let him finish his career elsewhere.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Time for Jerry to remind us that he has Mama Brown's blessings. Because after all, she knows what's best for the team.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree w mid here... But as far as my personal opinion, i dont give a fuck.. Bring him back

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anything to get Hayden off the team...

I didn't think Hayden was great last yr, but he was never expected to be a starter. He was supposed to be a rotational/depth guy at best.

That said, several of the Cowboy writers say Marinelli loves him some Hayden

Top Bottom