dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I had rather us go safety, and then CB.

Guess it depends on who's there. Not sure which safety you think will be there that's definitely worth the 28th pick.

I could see several CB's or pass rushers worth the 28th pick though.

Kinda liking Josh Jones with the 60th pick myself, if he made it that far.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Guess it depends on who's there. Not sure which safety you think will be there that's definitely worth the 28th pick.

I could see several CB's or pass rushers worth the 28th pick though.

Kinda liking Josh Jones with the 60th pick myself, if he made it that far.

I'm not necessarily talking just first round. This is a very deep DB draft. I just feel safety is the bigger need.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
None of the cornerbacks have been worth a shit after getting cut from us either, so it isn't solely on the pass rush. Additionally, for a few of those years we had decent pass rushes.

Terrence Mitchell has.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
That's what Seattle does. They have great safeties, Sherman and a bunch of spares at CB

Yep, and it works very well for them. You get a top notch FS and he can take away half of the field by himself. They can make your corners look All-Pro. Safety first, then CB.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yep, and it works very well for them. You get a top notch FS and he can take away half of the field by himself. They can make your corners look All-Pro. Safety first, then CB.

Helps to have 2, great pass-rushers too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Still say it depends on who's available. I'm not taking a player at DE, S or CB in 1st or 2nd rd just for the sake of taking one.

If the CB is clearly the higher rated guy and is a walk in regular contributor/starter from day one, you pick him 1st. If its DE or S, that's fine too.

Not 100% convinced the all the early picks will be defense though. I wouldn't be shocked to see them pick a TE or OT depending on how things fall.

Top Bottom