C

Cr122

Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee aiming for perfection
Posted at 1:13 PM on Wed., Aug. 18, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Sean Lee was kept out of the first two preseason games because of a strained quadriceps but he will make his debut Saturday against San Diego.

Lee got a lot of work in the morning workout with Keith Brooking sitting out and Jason Williams missing a few snaps with some sort of leg injury after falling awkwardly.

"It was good for me," Lee said. "It showed how much you need to work."

Coach Wade Phillips likes Lee because the rookie linebacker is a perfectionist in every drill, snap, sprint. When he made a misread in today's practice he cussed himself loudly.

"I'm hard on myself because I'm always trying to be my biggest critic," Lee said. "That's how you get better at football. I try to act like Bradie and Brook, who try to be perfect every practice because game time you'll play that way. If you practice 100 percent perfect I believe you're going to play that way."

About the only thing Lee cannot attempt to do perfectly is grow a beard. The linebackers are in the midst of a no-shave policy and his is not growing in that well.

"I have mutton chops," Lee said. "My big brother had a big beard and I always wanted one. All of the linebackers are trying not to shave for a while but it's not working for me."

C

Cr122

I really hope this kids knees hold up, he is smart and I like his attitude.

Hopefully, he plays a few series against San Diego and does well, I'm pulling for him.

Top Bottom