Reaction score
December, 18, 2012

By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- The scenarios seem endless with two games to play.

No doubt you have sat at your desk and said, "OK, how can the Cowboys make the playoffs?"

The easiest answer is to win the final two games against the New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins to claim the NFC East title and bring the second playoff game to Cowboys Stadium since its opening.

A 9-7 record could still qualify for the Cowboys for the playoffs for the first time since 2009, but there are so many different machinations that not even a Princeton grad would want to take the time to examine all of them.

Just know that the Cowboys would need help (i.e., losses) from the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings and perhaps New York Giants to make it as a wild-card team. And it would mean only a No. 6 seed because of their September loss at Seattle.

It is possible the tiebreakers could come down to common foes, strength of victory and/or strength of schedule based on beating the Saints or Redskins.

And that's before the ridiculousness of adding up points scored and allowed, net touchdowns or even a coin flip.

There is not enough time in the day to figure out all of the machinations -- the last tiebreaker among playoff scenarios is a coin flip -- which is why it is best to go with Al Davis' credo: Just win, baby.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The last two games are definitely winnable.

I hope we make the playoffs, but if we don't at least this late run gives us hope for next year. We definitely have something to build on.

Jerry_Jones_For_Life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Both games are winnable. All of a sudden the Redskins are a team nobody can beat? Please, they have talent but they can be beaten.

I knew the Redskins would be better but in no way shape or form did I expect them to be in the discussion of winning the division.

We control our own destiny, if we don't win out it's our own damn fault for not making the playoffs.

Jerry_Jones_For_Life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think no playoffs is unacceptable. It's always next year with this team. 17 fuckin' years is too long without making it to the super bowl.

This team has talent, if JG can't get them to win someone else will have too.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think no playoffs is unacceptable. It's always next year with this team. 17 fuckin' years is too long without making it to the super bowl.

This team has talent, if JG can't get them to win someone else will have too.

^^^ This. I've seen too many teams with LESS do far MORE. Why the fuck did we get rid of Wade? I'm fine with Wade getting fired, but the entire whole staff---Garrett included, should have been let go.

When you have Romo, Austin, Witten, Bryant, and Murray... and you can only score 10 points per half... THAT'S ON THE COACHING.

Top Bottom