LG: Leary/Collins (both UDFA)
C: Fred 1st
RG: Martin 1st
RT: Free 4th
TE: Witten 3rd
WR: T Williams 3rd
TE2: Swaim/Escobar (7th/2nd)
WR3: Beasley UDFA

Other than Witten and Free, all these are young guys either in their primes or about to enter their prime. T Williams and Leary are both free agents after the season. I still think Witten might retire, especially if we somehow won the Super Bowl.

Defense:

DE: Lawrence 2nd
DE: T Crawford 3rd
DT: Collins 3rd
LB: Lee 2nd
LB: Hitchens 4th
LB: Wilson 4th
FS: Jones 1st
SS: Church/Wilcox (UDFA/3rd)
CB: Claiborne 1st
CB3: Scandrick 5th

They need some obvious upgrades on defense (especially pass rushers and will have to fill several DB spots due to free agency) but if they could duplicate (or even come close to) the offensive success on the defensive side of the ball, we could be set for years to come. The wildcards for defense next year are Jaylon Smith and Charles Tapper, both (especially Smith) could be significant additions.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess we can rate Free a "success" since he is only a 4th rounder.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Offense:

QB: Prescott 4th
RB: Elliott 1st
WR: Bryant 1st
LT: Smith 1st

Other than Witten and Free, all these are young guys either in their primes or about to enter their prime. T Williams and Leary are both free agents after the season. I still think Witten might retire, especially if we somehow won the Super Bowl.

Defense:

They need some obvious upgrades on defense (especially pass rushers and will have to fill several DB spots due to free agency) but if they could duplicate (or even come close to) the offensive success on the defensive side of the ball, we could be set for years to come. The wildcards for defense next year are Jaylon Smith and Charles Tapper, both (especially Smith) could be significant additions.

Additional FYI:

C: Fred 1st + they received a 3rd round selection (No. 73) that turned out to be WR Terrance Williams
WR: Dez - 1st + (90th pick (in the third round) for New England's 119th (in the fourth round))
DE: Lawrence 2nd + a 3rd (No. 78 pick)
LB: Lee 2nd + 4th (No. 125)
CB: Claiborne 1st + a 2nd (45th pick)

It cost ten (10) draft picks to acquire the above Six (6) players.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is really why we're winning. We've been hitting on our draft picks.

For years now I've loved the "we finally decided to build the O-line" claim. They act like all you have to do is draft players in that group and the group will be good, but if Martin and Frederick had been Mo Claibornes, our O line would still be average.

But this team has had extreme talent on offense for years now.

Now defense? That's just Marinelli getting the best out of a very mediocre bunch.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Offense:

QB: Prescott 4th
RB: Elliott 1st
WR: Bryant 1st
LT: Smith 1st

Defense:

I'm starting to get my hopes up for Jaylon. Especially with the report from Gil Brandt that the nerve in his knee is starting to fire again.

I'm not getting hopes up on Tapper though. His condition is similar to what Michael Irvin has right? A narrowing of the spinal column? Which is causing continuous fractures in his spine. That's not good at all for an NFL DE.

I think they will be able to resign Mo pretty cheap. Then if Jaylon can come back close to what he was at Notre Dame they have a good start. The top 3 CB's would be Mo, Scandrick, and Brown. I'm ok with that group. Then with the extra pick they get for Romo (low 1st/high 2nd) they should be able to add A LOT of talent to the defense. My hope is that those picks are spent mostly on the front 7. Find a Kuechly level MLB and start Smith on the strong side.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in the last 10 years, dallas has drafted more pro bowlers than any other team in that same span (2005-2014).

13 players
Pro Bowl players drafted: Zack Martin (year drafted: 2014), Travis Frederick (2013), Tyron Smith (2011), DeMarco Murray (2011), Dez Bryant (2010), Mike Jenkins (2008), Martellus Bennett (2008), Anthony Spencer (2007), Nick Folk (2007), Jason Hatcher (2006), DeMarcus Ware (2005), Marion Barber (2005), Jay Ratliff (2005).

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So is this the thread where Will McClay finally gets some love?

I still think there is a great chance he ends up being the GM here under Stephen (once Jerry is gone).

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So is this the thread where Will McClay finally gets some love?

I still think there is a great chance he ends up being the GM here under Stephen (once Jerry is gone).

Will been getting love for a while. Reason why teams were interested in Will. He will definitely be GM one day

Top Bottom