ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet Dodd goes before Lawson.

What little I know about them, I do too.

I don't know if people have discussed it, but I didn't like the way Lawson sprained a knee against Oklahoma and stood there and watched the game and cheering with a big smile on his face. He was healthy enough to play in the championship game but it seemed like he didn't try too hard to get out there in that game and help his team. Felt to me like he was protecting himself.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What little I know about them, I do too.

I don't know if people have discussed it, but I didn't like the way Lawson sprained a knee against Oklahoma and stood there and watched the game and cheering with a big smile on his face. He was healthy enough to play in the championship game but it seemed like he didn't try too hard to get out there in that game and help his team. Felt to me like he was protecting himself.

His coaches said his knee was dinged pretty good.

And if he were "protecting himself" he wouldn't have played in the championship game.

They rave about his attitude and leadership skills too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I bet Dodd goes before Lawson.

If the Cowboys don't get a pass rusher in the first round and they are looking for one at No. 34, who could be a good fit there?

Brugler: "Kevin Dodd, the Clemson defensive end, would make some sense. To me, he's not as talented as his teammate Shaq Lawson, but there is stuff to like about Kevin Dodd. He's 6-5, 277 pounds. He really took advantage of his opportunity to start in 2015. His numbers were kind of overlooked because they were second on the team to Shaq Lawson, but he still had 23.5 tackles for loss, 12 sacks. You could tell as the season went on, that light bulb started to illuminate more and more as he started to figure things out and he became more comfortable. With more and more playing time he became more and more comfortable on the field. You saw that on tape throughout the second half of the year. I think that will continue once he gets into training camp and is given a chance to develop in the NFL. He can be a solid starting defensive end and I think he would fit the Cowboys scheme fairly well."

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Another guy that I heard them talking about on the Fan that will be available in the middles rounds is Ronald Blair the DE from Appalachian St.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another guy that I heard them talking about on the Fan that will be available in the middles rounds is Ronald Blair the DE from Appalachian St.

Yeah Broaddus has really been talking him up.

Small school guy, but apparently had some big games against bigger teams (like Clemson)

Top Bottom