Reaction score
1. Sean Lee's 2nd concussion in 4 weeks they said, IIRC. I question whether or not he'll come back this year given the NFL's emphasis on concussions. I'd say he will, but you know. At any rate... whats his issue re: the salary cap? Didn't he sign an extension recently? Can we move on from him this offseason?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE how he plays and his important can't be underemphasized to the team. He, behind Dez, is my favorite Cowboy. But honestly he's a 50/50 player anymore with regards to availability.

2. Greg Hardy.... assuming we miss the playoffs. Would you bring him back next season? If so, give me your contract figures.

3. We benefited greatly last year playing the AFC South, easily the worst division in football anymore. Definitely helped us get to 12-4. What divisions to we play next season?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
1. Sean Lee's 2nd concussion in 4 weeks they said, IIRC. I question whether or not he'll come back this year given the NFL's emphasis on concussions. I'd say he will, but you know. At any rate... whats his issue re: the salary cap? Didn't he sign an extension recently? Can we move on from him this offseason?
Sad to say at this point he's just got to retire. That melon won't stand any more crashes against the inside of his skull.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Lee were done, he would probably be a June 1st cut next off-season, which looks like it would save the team $3M in cap room, with a dead money hit in 2017.

2. Greg Hardy.... assuming we miss the playoffs. Would you bring him back next season? If so, give me your contract figures.
I really think the photos being released will significantly decrease the amount of suitors, potentially all of them. I'm sure Jerry still overpays. Something in the vicinity of Justin Houston's deal (Justin Houston signed a six year, $101 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs on July 15, 2015), only less years. I really hope not since it will limit the amount of additional players we can bring in to fix the defense.

3. We benefited greatly last year playing the AFC South, easily the worst division in football anymore. Definitely helped us get to 12-4. What divisions to we play next season?
No relief next year, we play the AFC North (Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, and Browns)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Whoops, just happened to mention Lee in another thread. But yep, what a terrible shame. Dude is a great player and better pro, and he has to be getting close to having to quit. All those other knee injuries don't make one bit of difference, but the concussions are a different animal.

Here's a little tidbit from the postgame show Sunday: Ben Rogers was saying the Cowboys media and security people ushered Hardy out of the locker room through this special back way to avoid the media. And that special back way went to his Ferrari in a special separate parking lot that only the top-top players get to park in. Jesse Holley said when he was there only Romo, Dez, and Ware got to park there. (I assume Witten could also but he didn't mention him.)

So point being, they're rolling out the red carpet in every possible way for this guy. I think Jerry definitely brings him back. He loves his troubled project players.

It's another note that I wonder how smart it is for team chemistry to have a special parking lot that only the chosen few can park in, but maybe every team is that way.

Reaction score
Regarding Hardy, is there a better player in the league at his position? Would be tough to let him walk. Dallas is great at "embracing the hate"

Reaction score
If Lee were done, he would probably be a June 1st cut next off-season, which looks like it would save the team $3M in cap room, with a dead money hit in 2017.
I can't see us cutting him if he wants to try to play... but if he retires, there's not a cap hit right?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I could see Lee retiring, especially if these concussions keep happening. I wouldn't cut Lee tho. Not right now. When he plays he's worth the money even if he's only playing 10 games a year. But LB definitely has to be one of our top priorities this offseason because I'd move on from McClain.

I'd let Hardy test the FA market. I don't think there will be much of one for him. Not only with the recent pictures surfacing but how he also went after a coach on the sideline and the way he left after Sunday nights game.. Its inevitable that he has another blow up before this season is up. Only way I'd consider bringing him back is on a 1 year deal much like the one we signed him for this year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I could see Lee retiring, especially if these concussions keep happening. I wouldn't cut Lee tho. Not right now. When he plays he's worth the money even if he's only playing 10 games a year. But LB definitely has to be one of our top priorities this offseason because I'd move on from McClain.

I'd let Hardy test the FA market. I don't think there will be much of one for him. Not only with the recent pictures surfacing but how he also went after a coach on the sideline and the way he left after Sunday nights game.. Its inevitable that he has another blow up before this season is up. Only way I'd consider bringing him back is on a 1 year deal much like the one we signed him for this year.
Agreed on all counts.

Top Bottom