Reaction score
5/6/2016 9:26:05 PM

With no solution to the standoff between quarterback Sam Bradford and the Philadelphia Eagles, retirement could be one option for the disgruntled signal caller according Reuben Frank of CSN Philly.

For the few people (million) people on the planet not aware of the saga, Bradford has been throwing a hissy fit and demanding a trade ever since the Eagles traded up to the No.2-overall pick to draft a franchise quarterback for the future and the rhetoric between Bradford, his agent Tom Condon, and the Eagles front office ratcheted up even further once the Eagles chose North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz last Thursday night. Bradford is not participating in any of the Eagles' offseason activities despite signing a two-year, $36 million contract just two months ago that included an $11 million signing bonus and a guaranteed $22 million. None of the other 31 teams in the league seem interested in trading for that contract, especially since the former No.1-overall pick (of the St. Louis Rams) has produced mediocre numbers throughout his career and has two torn ACLs on his resume.

So Reuben Frank's solution? "I think he's going to retire. I think he's had enough. I don't think he wants to be here. Honestly, I don't think anybody else wants him. Maybe you get a 3rd rounder for him, I doubt it. I think it's done, I think it's over with. I think Chase Daniel starts your season, plays five or six games, and then Carson Wentz comes in and is your quarterback for the next ten years. This time next year we're saying, 'Sam who? Who was that guy we had last year that retired? What ever happened to him?'"

That solution would cost Bradford lots of money as he would have to give back the signing bonus immediately but it is not unprecedented. It is basically what Carson Palmer did back in 2011 to get out of Cincinnati-he "retired", went home, and waited for another team to suffer a major injury at quarterback. Jason Campbell of the Oakland Raiders complied, breaking his collarbone two days before the trade deadline, and the rest is history.

We have serious doubts that Bradford has the same competitive fire as Palmer has shown later in his career considering he is not even willing to compete for the starting job in Philly. Maybe retirement at the ripe old age of 28 would be the best solution. When a notorious (but very competitive) character like Terrell Owens is openly mocking you as a "coward" in the national media and much of the NFL agrees with him, it may be time for Sammie to sit at home, count his millions, and spent the rest of his time making motivational speeches to conventions filled with Oklahoma Sooners boosters.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
asshole returned today with his tail between his legs :lol

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that bitch will take his 36 million and like it......freaking pussy.

Reaction score
To the extent that the professional game is really about getting paid, Sam is the luckiest man alive.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He needs to just take his second big money contract and run

He will be out of a job before the mid point of the season anyway

Just save face and start on your tan early

Although from a competitive standpoint of rather face him than have Wendtz get the extra reps to speed along his game

Top Bottom