bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Was it two Hogan reviews or one each for Elelman and Hogan? I remember one was a coach's challenge and the other was automatic, 2 minute booth review.

Two for Hogan in the 4th Q. The second one happened right before the 2 min warning, so it was a booth review when they returned from the commercials.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It's truly amazing what the Patrioits have done since Brady took over. Nine Super Bowls in like 17 18 years. Just remarkable. And it all works against them. Salary cap, strength of schedule, draft order, etc. and yet here they are again. And we're stuck with Jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's truly amazing what the Patrioits have done since Brady took over. Nine Super Bowls in like 17 18 years. Just remarkable. And it all works against them. Salary cap, strength of schedule, draft order, etc. and yet here they are again. And we're stuck with Jerry.

Shows the absolute value of 1) Having the best HC in the league, possibly in league history and 2) a HoF QB who comes up big all the time in the postseason.

The coach costs you nothing on the cap, and QB's like Brady are worth whatever you have to pay them to keep them, and then figure everything else afterward.

We have an owner who definitely doesn't get it with #1

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As much as I hate Garrett, he's never benefited from officiating the way McVay has these last two weeks.

I can agree with this, but do you truly believe that Garrett would have been able to capitalize off of it the way McVay was able to?

Give Garret the best players at EVERY position, put the refs in his pocket, and you'd still get the same results.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I can agree with this, but do you truly believe that Garrett would have been able to capitalize off of it the way McVay was able to?

Give Garret the best players at EVERY position, put the refs in his pocket, and you'd still get the same results.

Maybe, but the officiating bias AGAINST us has been really bad. The garbage with holding on us and never calling it on another team, this yearly "there's a call we have never seen before", the catch/no catch garbage etc etc.

But Garrett is a waste of time, no doubt.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That was the headlines in the LA Times the morning after the game

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Last two playoff games Brady drops backs 90 times. He gets hit once. Any decent NFL QB would do well in that scenario.

Pressure Brady and suddenly he becomes very very average at best.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes folks, conspiracy theories can officially start now.

The officials (or the NFL) stole that game from New Orleans. If I was Sean Payton I'd be giving about a one hour bitch session about how the game was stolen from them. I hate the Saints but there is no excuse for garbage like that non-PI call at that point. Dude wasn't even turned around looking for the ball either.

I can't agree. What happened was the officials didn't give the game to the Saints. They had a chance to stop the Rams and didn't. They had a chance to take the lead or win in OT and couldn't. They then again had a chance to stop the rams and failed. Stop asking the refs to give you the game. What irks me more are calls made that shouldn't be made, like roughing the passer against Brady. Non calls I don't get too excited about. But I will admit it was a bad non call.

Besides, even if they made that call, went 3 and out, got the FG, how much time would the Rams have had left?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can't agree. What happened was the officials didn't give the game to the Saints. They had a chance to stop the Rams and didn't. They had a chance to take the lead or win in OT and couldn't. They then again had a chance to stop the rams and failed. Stop asking the refs to give you the game. What irks me more are calls made that shouldn't be made, like roughing the passer against Brady. Non calls I don't get too excited about. But I will admit it was a bad non call.

Besides, even if they made that call, went 3 and out, got the FG, how much time would the Rams have had left?
But... Don't you know that when something like this happens to a team, they lose focus concentration and can no longer effectively play? Because they're inherently crybabies not professionals? They can't overcome unfair adversity. What, you really expect them to suck it up, be adults and go on to fucking win anyway? :p

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
But... Don't you know that when something like this happens to a team, they lose focus concentration and can no longer effectively play? Because they're inherently crybabies not professionals? They can't overcome unfair adversity. What, you really expect them to suck it up, be adults and go on to fucking win anyway? :p

Scratch and claw and fight

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dude, this has already been discussed and pretty much put to bed. The Rams only had one TO left and the Saints would have had a first down, had they taken a knee 3 straight plays and then kicked the FG they basically would have either bled off all the time or gotten it down well inside 10 seconds. Barring a blocked chipshot FG, a Tony Romo fumble the snap or a Music City Miracle, the game was over.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bull. The refs influenced the outcome of the game and none of the things you mentioned would happen if the obvious call was made. I could see if it was a ticky tacky play, but it was an obvious pass interference and worse than the no-call on Deion in the 94 Championship game that we still think and talk about (or at least I do). Same as the Dez non-catch call. The refs have sucked balls all season and this thing has gotten out of control.

Top Bottom