Reaction score
Watkins wrote an article saying we won't trade him and have no desire to. He made some goo dpoints, so I guess this is dead.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
this what Raf said

Jenkins wants to get paid royally on his next contract. Pouting won't accomplish that.

He's trying to force a trade now because he's worried that if Claiborne starts hot, he's the 3rd CB on the Cowboys totem and won't play as much, which will drop his FA market value.

But the last thing he'll do is pout. If he does, he's costing himself millions. Nobody will give him a long-term deal if he pouts.

Dallas has all the leverage right now. Patience folks. They do themselves no favors making an impulsive deal on Indy's terms.

They'll saying they won't deal him because that keeps his value higher. Admit you're trying to get rid of him and everybody will try to lowball you on a deal.

Reaction score
Depends on what the Colts are offering. It'd help if another team could jump into the bidding. Because of his impending free agency, his value will only go down during the season, so if they're gonna deal him, it'd best be sooner than later. Even though I don't see them winning anything of consequence this year, Jerry probably feels compelled to field the best team humanly possible no matter the cost, which is why Spencer is still here.

Not sure if the Lions jumped, but they may have flinched.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/26/lions-may-not-be-done-acquiring-cornerbacks/

Lions may not be done acquiring cornerbacks

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 26, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT

Although Lions coach Jim Schwartz is saying he’s confident in his cornerbacks, the team may be looking for some veteran help.

According to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com, the Lions are interested in trading for Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins. The Cowboys are continuing to insist that Jenkins is not available and will remain in Dallas this season, but the Lions’ interest suggests that they’re not quite as confident in their secondary as they’ve been letting on.

Detroit’s secondary struggled last year, especially late in the season, and it was dealt another blow early in the offseason when starting cornerback Eric Wright left for Tampa Bay in free agency. Chris Houston will return as one of the starters at cornerback, but after Houston the Lions have more quantity (in the form of holdover Aaron Berry, free agent signing Jacob Lacey and draft picks Dwight Bentley, Chris Greenwood and Jonte Green) than quality.

Which means that if a quality veteran becomes available in the next three months, the Lions may make a move for him.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
OMG ZONERS ROMO JENKINS AND LISSEMORE FOR STAFFORD SUH AND 1ST WOULD U DO IT??????

I am going to close this thread because that's what incompetant people do when you give them too much power.

Who gon' check me boo.

Top Bottom