Reaction score
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
Tony Romo's revamped contract has an option bonus for 2012 that if not exercised pays him $9M, but the capwise, he'll be in Dallas for yrs

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
If Jerry Jones had doubts about Romo being the Cowboys longterm quarterback, he wouldn't have done this cap room clearing deal.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am sitting here listening to the hardline on the ticket and they just had a story about romo being really upset in the locker room.

Apparently he was sitting at his locker for a long time with his head in his hands......and a high ranking defensive player finally had enough and told him to forget about it and move on. I guess he also got into it pretty good with romo telling him that he is the leader of the team and there are a lot of young guys in the locker room and need to see him snap out if it.....corby said guys in the locker room thought they were going to have to separate them....

Sounds like the losses hurt a ton to romo.

I really hope this is from a source that doesn't tell anyone at espn....they will turn it into something it wasn't and once this retards at pro football talk get it they will just never stop with there shit.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You have to hope that the pain of this loss finally motivates Romo to be a little more game manager and a little less Brett Favre.

Also, the fact that the defensive player had to remind him that he is perceived as a leader might have motivated him as well. If Romo was mad enough to fight then I have faith that he is mad enough to get better.

I'm still a Romo fan, I just don't know how much longer I can defend these types of games.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You have to hope that the pain of this loss finally motivates Romo to be a little more game manager and a little less Brett Favre.

Also, the fact that the defensive player had to remind him that he is perceived as a leader might have motivated him as well. If Romo was mad enough to fight then I have faith that he is mad enough to get better.

I'm still a Romo fan, I just don't know how much longer I can defend these types of games.

I was really frustrated Sunday night, but looking back on it as much as I hated that fumble because that is where I thicket momentum shifted, he was doing something he has done very well in the past...

In fact, we beat the giants in 07 the home opener because he ran the ball in from a similar scenario, same thing with the rams game in 07, after that play with the snap over his head.....then again he scored running it in against the giants in 09 the home opener again, was a huge play to give us the lead in the third quarter...

Then the skins and the falcons games in 09 he made incredible plays down there.

I hope he bounces back strong sovereign the next few weeks.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I mean who would he really dare to fight on the defense? he's 6 foot tops - maybe Brooking? Brooking is 6 '3' 245 and a hyper nutjob - no way - I find this story hard to believe ...One overhand right to Romo and he'd be in the Hospital.

asklesko

Spectator
Reaction score
I really hope this is from a source that doesn't tell anyone at espn....they will turn it into something it wasn't and once this retards at pro football talk get it they will just never stop with there shit.

Paging Ed Werder...

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The team needs to get back to having fun. There's been so much underperforming expectations, that we've lost that spark that really good teams have. I hope we roll the Niners this weekend and start getting some swagger back.

BookOfRomo

Spectator
Reaction score
You saw the passion in his eyes. I think this is the year he's really transformed into a leader...I know, I know about the mistakes...but imo 99% of them were not his fault. He really cares now...you can see it in his eyes. Romo at his best = Peyton at his best.

Phil B.

BookOfRomo

Spectator
Reaction score
I think he will bounce back, though he had a great game - just not make any big mistakes. I know I may get bashed for this, but I took him in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft (ahead of Brady). I think Tom will get hurt.

Phil B.

Reaction score
You saw the passion in his eyes. I think this is the year he's really transformed into a leader...I know, I know about the mistakes...but imo 99% of them were not his fault. He really cares now...you can see it in his eyes. Romo at his best = Peyton at his best.

Phil B.

Leaders are born.. not made. Please don't compare Romo and Manning, its not even close.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Leaders are born.. not made. Please don't compare Romo and Manning, its not even close.

actually if you look at there careers once romo became the starter there are a bunch of comparisons that make sense.

Cythim

Reaction score
actually if you look at there careers once romo became the starter there are a bunch of comparisons that make sense.

Romo cannot carry a team the way Manning has carried the Colts. The Colts would never have made the playoffs without him.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo cannot carry a team the way Manning has carried the Colts. The Colts would never have made the playoffs without him.

Romo has been doing a similar thing here. And seemingly every year there is a part of the team that doesnt pull its weight.

nobody carries a team like manning, he is the team. But Romo has alot of pressure on him to put alot of points up because we always give alot up and have very few turnovers. All of our posessions are critical because almost never get extra ones and the defense has never been consistent enough throughout a whole season for him to just be a game manager.

We are like the saints, aggressive offense and aggressive quarterback. Brees turns the ball over at a ridiculous rate and takes tons of chances. In 09 when they won the superbowl brees must have had 15 to 20 dropped picks. And its not because he sucks, its because that is their style, be aggressive and take chances...we are very similar. People just love brees and hate romo though.

Reaction score
...but imo 99% of them were not his fault.

Please explain how 99% of Romo's mistakes are not his fault.

I mean, I don't fault him for the Seahawks gaff. I get that he, as a quarterback, led the team into scoring position. And that he was the only starting QB in the league to hold for field goals (Thanks, Parcells). And that the ball was so slick, the NFL immediately initiated a rule change to prevent future occurances. I get all that.

And I don't fault him for the interception at the end of the Giants game. We incorrectly guessed what the defense was going to do. We put two receivers in routes and went max protect, expecting the Giants to bring the house. They did the opposite, rushing four and dropping 7 in coverage. There was no place to go with the ball.

I get those two. I don't have them on Romo.

Now please, explain the countless others. The Minnesota debacle. The Ravens "just like a punt to Ed Reed." The Pittsburgh interception in 2008. The Eagles 2008 season ender. Etc etc etc etc.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I believe Romo can carry this team and has for awhile now. Just not far enough like a Manning. Like to say a Super Bowl.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He has to stop making these stupid mistakes. Everyone is fed up with it.

Reaction score

Im not talking stats, im talking total package. Romo won't ever approach what Manning can do.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't mind the fumble next to the goal line. He had no where to go with the ball and while he shoulda thrown it out the back of the endzone, he wanted to secure the win. I can't hate a player with that mentality.

The interception was no good. Thats a play you throw the ball out of bounds.

We gotta take the good with the bad. Romo is gonna put us in a position to win just as likely as he's gonna throw the game away. Fans need to understand he'll never be a Manning or Brady. Those guys are too hard to find.

Top Bottom