Reaction score
Humans are flawed. Just because you profess a faith in religion, doesn't make you perfect. If you want to hold Christians, or those that follow the faith of their choosing, to a higher standard, then thats on you.

Personally, i don’t expect them to be any different than everyone else. But their own religion holds them to higher standards. “Be the light of the world”. The whole concept of religion is to promote higher morals. It’s like a restaurant that advertises with a big sign and building, fancy menu, beautiful decor and staff but the food is just like every other restaurant.

Reaction score
Personally, i don’t expect them to be any different than everyone else. But their own religion holds them to higher standards. “Be the light of the world”. The whole concept of religion is to promote higher morals. It’s like a restaurant that advertises with a big sign and building, fancy menu, beautiful decor and staff but the food is just like every other restaurant.

Re-read my first two sentences in the post you quoted. It still applies.

Reaction score
I agree, but I think this has more to do with the styles of the church, as opposed to being segregation motivated by hate.

Predominantly black churches are generally a lot more animated and extroverted. Predominantly white churches are more low key.

Style of worship is different.
Those are ignorant statements too.

Reaction score
They aren't any different then you, Christians just like non Christians are flawed. They are going to fail, going to sin, and going to make mistakes.

Reaction score
They aren't any different then you, Christians just like non Christians are flawed. They are going to fail, going to sin, and going to make mistakes.

I agree. The facts prove that. From my experience from being a christian for 5 years, i know what is preached. They hold themselves to a higher standard. The bible clearly teaches that. They are not suppose to be like everyone else.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yea of course. I would think the exception would be religion. It should be above human nature? Like the divorce rate among christians is the same as everyone else. Shouldn’t it better?

No, because most Christians are just like everyone else, me included.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree. The facts prove that. From my experience from being a christian for 5 years, i know what is preached. They hold themselves to a higher standard. The bible clearly teaches that. They are not suppose to be like everyone else.

Saying that you aren't like gentiles is different than actually following that belief.

Reaction score
Actually it doesn't but you would know you were a Christian for 5 years. What Christianity does say is that you are to love God more than anything, and love your neighbor as yourself. Those are the most important laws and teachings according to Jesus. We are to try and be like Christ, but or human nature will not allow us. We are flawed and make mistakes.

I know some churches preach what you are saying and I apologize if I was being rude, because your experiences are yours and I have no idea what you were taught. All Christians and all Christian Churches aren't like that.

Reaction score
Actually it doesn't but you would know you were a Christian for 5 years. What Christianity does say is that you are to love God more than anything, and love your neighbor as yourself. Those are the most important laws and teachings according to Jesus. We are to try and be like Christ, but or human nature will not allow us. We are flawed and make mistakes.

I know some churches preach what you are saying and I apologize if I was being rude, because your experiences are yours and I have no idea what you were taught. All Christians and all Christian Churches aren't like that.

Shit, got myself into a religious debate.

Read after the beatitudes, there are some nuggets:
Jesus also says “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven...Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father who is in heaven is perfect.”

The logic is as follows: Christians are empowered by the holy spirit (god) inside of him/her after baptism or conversion. Non-christian not empowered by the ghost of the creator of the universe. Advantage christian.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Read the beatitudes, there are some nuggets:
Jesus also says “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven...Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father who is in heaven is perfect.”

The logic is as follows: Christians are empowered by the holy spirit (god) inside of him/her after baptism or conversion. Non-christian not empowered by the ghost of the creator of the universe. Advantage christian.

Dude, what Bible is that from?

Reaction score
Dude, what Bible is that from?

Matthew 5:48

Easier said than done.

I agree. But the power to live that way shouldn’t come from you. This one is my favorite. Everyone on this forum is going to hell, lol

You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
And if your right eye causes you to offend, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is better for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell.
And if your right hand causes you to offend, cut it off, and cast it from you: for it is better for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell.

Reaction score

Read after the beatitudes, there are some nuggets:

You realize that he is talking about what I said before "love your neighbor as yourself". You have to read the verses before it too so you have the context of the passage. Also when you said if you claim to be a Christian you should act like one. I agree, but being a human being with flaws, I am bound to fail at some point. Your expectations are unrealistic and I think they are unrealistic so you can be cynical of Christians.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Muslims are way more racist.

we'll split the difference and just say that people who believe in invisible sky beings are still racist because they're more inclined toward human division than people who don't believe in holy texts that declare that nonbelievers (people who are different than them) will be destroyed in horrific fashion.

or is that too wordy?????

Top Bottom