lons

UDFA
Reaction score
To put the big bang and creation on the same level is very ignorant (not that you are). Science has answered many questions about the universe and continues to learn. Religion does not provide you a means to continue to learn, “god just did it” is always the response. Have you actually read the creation story? The events contradict the big bang. Do you really believe the earth is 6 thousand years old vs 4 billions years old? But to you it’s all the same story, lol. I also think taking a neutral stance get us no closer to finding the answers. Just another way to avoid having to defend an opinion.

Which is why I said, take out the flowery wording and it's the same story.

Bam everything's here.

Ok... Where'd it come from before then? And before then? And before then?

Apply same to God.

Can't answer that question with Science or Religion.

So do what you like.

nothing is true, everything is permitted.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The cool thing about Christians and athiests and the argument of which is right and wrong, is if the Christian is wrong in their belief, oh well. They're just dead.

If the athiest is wrong, sick burn. Literally.

The Christian could be wrong, and just worshipping the wrong deity. In which case I think not even choosing a side is the safer course.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Bam everything's here.

Apply same to God.

So do what you like.

If we wish to pursue this line of thought courageously, we must of course ask the next question. "Where did God come from?" If we decide that this is an unanswerable question, why not save a step and conclude that the origin of the universe is an unanswerable question? Or, if we say that "God always existed", why not save a step and conclude that the universe always existed. There's no need for a creation, we were always here.
~ Carl Sagan

Reaction score

Bam everything's here.

One says it happened in 7 days, the other took billions of years. The entire order is different, not sure how you get that it’s the same.

Matter probably always existed, just in a condensed space.

Apply same to God.

So do what you like.

Your solution is to say nothing is true? Terrible logic. The creation story is ridiculous and has zero credibility to anyone with an ounce of knowledge about science. From just a few of your statements i don’t think you have an understanding of the creation story or the big bang.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you serve girls drinks in a pub I think it goes without saying that they're going to have sex with you one way or another. That's not rape it's just reality.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
One says it happened in 7 days, the other took billions of years. The entire order is different, not sure how you get that it’s the same.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/could-god-have-created-in-six-days

It is a good exercise to read Genesis 1 and try to put aside outside influences that may cause you to have a predetermined idea of what the word “day” may mean. Just let the words of the passage speak to you.

Taking Genesis 1 in this way, at face value, without doubt it says that God created the universe, the earth, the sun, moon and stars, plants and animals, and the first two people within six ordinary (approximately 24-hour) days. Being really honest, you would have to admit that you could never get the idea of millions of years from reading this passage.

The majority of Christians (including many Christian leaders) in the Western world, however, do not insist that these days of creation were ordinary-length days, and many of them accept and teach, based on outside influences, that they must have been long periods of time—even millions or billions of years.

And it was 6 days for creation, not 7. On the 7th, he grabbed a cold sixer and watched football. :YES

Reaction score

The bible is clear it was ment as 6 literal days. It is repeated in many places, example:
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

BTW, the link you provided is from a christian website. Ken Ham from that website had this video on millions of years. I would not trust these guys for your science information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvt_ndKW0Q&feature=related

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
try to put aside outside influences that may cause you to have a predetermined idea of what the word “day” may mean.

clinton-thumbs-up.jpg

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
The bible is clear it was ment as 6 literal days. It is repeated in many places, example:
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

BTW, the link you provided is from a christian website. Ken Ham from that website had this video on millions of years. I would not trust these guys for your science information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvt_ndKW0Q&feature=related

Did you read that entire page? I doubt you did. It said numerous times that the days aren't literal in the sense of man's time. The passage you quoted doesn't say a thing about it being literal days. As in, mans sense of them.

And of course it's from a Christian site. We're discussing Christian beliefs. Should I have found something about Christian beliefs on a buddhist site?

Reaction score
Did you read that entire page? I doubt you did. It said numerous times that the days aren't literal in the sense of man's time. The passage you quoted doesn't say a thing about it being literal days. As in, mans sense of them.

Did you watch the video link i provided? Of course you didn’t. He quickly explained the slippery slope of believing in millions of years for a christian. According to the bible, death and sickness entered the world after man sinned. Do you see the problem?

The bible uses days many times in the bible in a literal sense, example Jesus dead and risen in 3 days.

In regards to Ken Ham and his ministery (website you used):
The scientific community considers creation science to be pseudoscience which "does not use any scientific reasoning."[85] Consequently, scientific and scholarly organizations, including United States National Academy of Sciences, the Paleontological Society, Geological Society of America, Australian Academy of Science, and the Royal Society of Canada have issued statements against the teaching of creationism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answers_in_Genesis

Last edited:
C

Cr122

I was saved and became a born again Christian, but after that I don't know what the fuck happened.

Since then I've been married twice and had seven kids. What the hell went wrong.

Top Bottom