Reaction score
16. Dallas Cowboys: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
Dallas could use a three-technique for its defense. Rod Marinelli likes tackles to be short, quick and thick, so Jernigan is a good fit for a Tampa 2.

Early in the 2013 NFL season, I spoke with some scouts who told me that I should have Timmy Jernigan in the first round. They agreed with me that Jernigan would be a fit for a team needing a three-technique, calling him an ideal fit.

The Lake City, Florida product is extremely fast and is strong for his size. In 2013, Jernigan had 63 tackles, 4.5 sacks and 11 tackles for a loss. He steadily became more and more dominant throughout the season. Jernigan improved his pass-rushing skills and put steady pressure down the middle of the pocket. He showed phenomenal run defense in the National Championship game against Auburn.

Jernigan flashed big-time potential as a freshman in 2011. He totaled 30 tackles, six tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks. Jernigan recorded 45 tackles, eight tackles for a loss and 1.5 sacks in 2012. The 6-foot-2, 290-pounder has upside.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Carl Bradford, OLB, Arizona State
The Cowboys could use a linebacker and Bradford would also provide some edge rush. Jerry Jones saw Bradford in person last season, and he would be a potential fit if Dallas goes back to the 3-4 after the 2014 season.

The 6-foot-1, 243-pound Bradford played well in 2013. He has a unique skill set with toughness as a run-defender and pass-rushing ability. Bradford was impressive against Notre Dame with a lot of disruption. He was superb versus Washington State with forced fumbles and a sack, but was suspended against Oregon State. Bradford totaled 55 tackles with 18 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks, four passes broken up, one interception and three forced fumbles in 2013.

Bradford broke out in 2012 with 81 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 20.5 tackles for a loss, five passes defended, three forced fumbles and one interception. The sophomore started strongly and was on fire to close out the season. He had sacks in the final six games, with a total of seven sacks in that stretch.

78. Dallas Cowboys: George Uko, DT, USC
Dallas continues to build up its defense. Uko fits the type that Rod Marinelli likes, plus Monte Kiffin coached Uko for a couple of seasons.

Uko played well in 2013. He totaled 36 tackles with seven tackles for a loss and five sacks. Uko broke into the starting lineup in 2012 and totaled 31 tackles, nine tackles for a loss and five sacks. The 6-foot-3, 275-pounder needs to add weight for the NFL, and thus should have returned for his senior year. Instead, he entered the 2014 NFL Draft. Uko is quick and has developed some pass-rushing moves.

115. Dallas Cowboys: Ed Stinson, DE/DT, Alabama
Here's another upgrade for the defensive line. With Anthony Spencer hitting free agency, Dallas will need a new pass-rusher across from DeMarcus Ware. In 2013, Stinson had 42 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He played better and was more disruptive than the numbers indicate. Stinson totaled 30 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss and three sacks in 2012.

The 6-foot-4, 292-pounder has deceptive quickness to go along with good strength at the point of attack. He is a physical player who can play defensive end, tackle and 3-4 defensive end. Stinson could easily rise higher in the run-up to the 2014 NFL Draft.

Reaction score
I don't know who these people are but a complete youth injection along the DL would be awesome, IMO.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
This guy is all over the place. Here's a three tech for your 4-3. Oh here's a 3-4 OLB in case you go back. Ok another 4-3 guy who Kiffin knows.

Reaction score
Stinson makes absolutely no sense on this team...not to mention the fact that they aren't going to take 3 DTs with their first 4 picks...

Iamtdg

Reaction score
This guy is all over the place. Here's a three tech for your 4-3. Oh here's a 3-4 OLB in case you go back. Ok another 4-3 guy who Kiffin knows.

Yeah, this is an awful mock.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't know who these people are but a complete youth injection along the DL would be awesome, IMO.

Sure, but I am pretty positive I would not take three relatively average linemen to do it.

Reaction score
I just get excited at the idea of new young talent on the DL. And not undrafted free agent types.

I really dont' know anything about these players.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I just get excited at the idea of new young talent on the DL. And not undrafted free agent types.

I really dont' know anything about these players.

But, if you're drafting crap, age means jack nor shit.

Reaction score
He basically drafted 3 DT's and a pass-rushing LB.

That would be fine, IMO.

I mean, the cubbard is bare for us at DT.

Hatcher needs to go.
Ratliff is gone.
Brent is gone.

We basically got Golden Cock and I don't even know who else.

And don't give me Ben Bass bullshit.

Top Bottom