NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Charles Haley was a Hall of Fame pass rusher who had a reputation for crossing the line at times from fiery competitor to crazy person. So maybe he’s the man to get through to Greg Hardy.

Haley and Hardy had a sit-down at the Cowboys’ facility, the Dallas Morning News reports. It was a closed-door meeting and neither man has talked to the media bout what was said, but the two reportedly embraced after their 20-minute talk and agreed that they’d get together again.

Hardy is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, but he was sidelined for 15 games last year and four games this year over a domestic violence accusation, and on Sunday he had a sideline confrontation with an assistant coach, followed by a run-in with teammate Dez Bryant. The Cowboys have stood by Hardy as some on the outside have questioned whether he’s more trouble than he’s worth.

In retirement, Haley has often volunteered to talk to talented but troubled players like himself, and he has spent plenty of time around the Cowboys’ facility. Getting Hardy in line would be Haley’s greatest accomplishment since his playing days.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Haley might be a bit let's say, eccentric but one thing everyone who ever dealt with him agrees on, he is a intelligent person you can reason with. Unknown if this is Hardy.

Reaction score
I wouldnt quite refer to Hardy as intelligent but I also don't need him doing my taxes. He serves his purpose quite well.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think a lot of Hardy's comments are just part of this persona he has created

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed but I also don't think he's as dumb as everyone thinks

I do however believe he lets his emotions get the best of him which can sometimes help on the field but obviously can cause problems off the field

Hopefully Hardy will take his advice to heart and wise up!

Last edited:

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Hardy is not dumb. Matter of fact, it has been reported that he's very smart.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder what Hardy's wonderlic score is

Any idea Dooms?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hardy is not dumb. Matter of fact, it has been reported that he's very smart.
I get the feeling he might be, from what I have seen of him in interviews saying dumb things. That doesn't mean he is dumb, I sense a calculation about him that is missing in verified dullards such as Randle and Claiborne. Even during his "rant" in replays it is clear he had a message he was delivering, just passionately. It wasn't a mindless rant or just a irrational fit.
I wonder what Hardy's wonderlic score is

Any idea Dooms?
Nope if it's ever been released I don't know about it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Damn
I'm really curious
I would love to know what it is

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Even during his "rant" in replays it is clear he had a message he was delivering, just passionately. It wasn't a mindless rant or just a irrational fit.

is there a video out of what he was saying?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
is there a video out of what he was saying?
Not that I've seen, I have seen replays of it from different camera angles on some of the sports stations, NFL Network, and even the local news. I don't know exactly what he was saying but I get the perception he had a point and it wasn't just the ravings of a lunatic.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not that I've seen, I have seen replays of it from different camera angles on some of the sports stations, NFL Network, and even the local news. I don't know exactly what he was saying but I get the perception he had a point and it wasn't just the ravings of a lunatic.

wouldn't surprise me, reporting on seemingly every subject has turned to shit these days

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Only part I know we could hear was, "Help me! Help me! Help me!" over and over.

Seemed more like the rantings of a lunatic to me.

Top Bottom