Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score

i don't agree with the Playmaker. How can he say that when they clapped while he laying motionless at the shithole Vet?

Reaction score
i don't agree with the Playmaker. How can he say that when they clapped while he laying motionless at the shithole Vet?

Me either. The Eagles make me sick. I am delighted that they will lose to the Patriots. Fuck the Eagles.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I had read that irvin does not hold that against the fans because his father was a passionate fan in the same way philly fans were

Apparently you dont see the best and brightest ideas coming from ppl when cocaine is combined w CTE

408Cowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
I had read that irvin does not hold that against the fans because his father was a passionate fan in the same way philly fans were

Apparently you dont see the best and brightest ideas coming from ppl when cocaine is combined w CTE

I remember reading or hearing him say he would've celebrated too since he'd been killing them for 10 years

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I will be rooting heavily for the Patriots in this Super Bowl. I don't care if they win 19 Super Bowls as long as the Eagles don't win any. But I'm hoping Brady has some more magic in him because after watching that game against the Jags I don't see them beating Philly.

I just don't see the Patriots moving the ball any better against Philly than they did the Jags. Is that Patriots defense going to hold Philly to 20 points? I just don't see it. I'll just be hoping Foles pisses himself in a big spot like Ryan did last year.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is that Patriots defense going to hold Philly to 20 points? I just don't see it.
Pats gonna win, it is written in stone. You are forgetting two things; 1) Belichick has two weeks to prepare. 2) Foles is a JAG on hot streak, that is about to end. If Wentz were playing I could definitely see them winning though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I will be rooting heavily for the Patriots in this Super Bowl. I don't care if they win 19 Super Bowls as long as the Eagles don't win any. But I'm hoping Brady has some more magic in him because after watching that game against the Jags I don't see them beating Philly.

I just don't see the Patriots moving the ball any better against Philly than they did the Jags. Is that Patriots defense going to hold Philly to 20 points? I just don't see it. I'll just be hoping Foles pisses himself in a big spot like Ryan did last year.

So you basing this on how the Pats played the Jags, and how the Eagles routed the Vikings? Consider that the Pats struggled against the Jags can be attributed to Coughlin. Coughlin is the only one that has beaten Belecek in SB matchups and he's done it twice. No one knows Belecek better than Coughlin; he was Parcells' OC when Belecek was Parcells' DC. I'm certain that Coughlin schooled the Jags HC on Belecek's tendencies.

Reaction score

[video=youtube;Q_4bp8bBNVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4bp8bBNVw[/video]

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
News of the day 1- more epic Roger Goodell FAIL

NFL launches campaign to build on commitment to social justice

National Football League
Published: Jan. 23, 2018 at 09:13 a.m.
Updated: Jan. 23, 2018 at 03:35 p.m.

As part of its ongoing work to support its players, the NFL today announced a joint player and ownership commitment focused on social justice. The campaign, Let's Listen Together, launches today and includes a multi-layered roll-out including digital content and brand spots highlighting the player-led work on social and racial equality. The platform will also include social media support, as well as individual letters from players and owners sharing their stories and personal reasons for making social justice a priority.

The working group committee, which held its first meeting at the league office in December, includes Arizona Cardinals Owner and President Michael Bidwill, Atlanta Falcons Owner and Chairman Arthur Blank, Cleveland Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam, Jacksonville Jaguars Owner Shahid Khan, and Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross. The player representatives are New York Jets offensive tackle Kelvin Beachum, NFL Legend Anquan Boldin, New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown, Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Normanand NFL Legend Aeneas Williams. Quotes from each owner and player on the committee are below. The group will focus on supporting programs and initiatives that reduce barriers to opportunity, with a priority on supporting improvements in education and economic development, community and police relations, and the criminal justice system. It will work directly with league staff to help identify future initiatives that have both broad support and a potential for high impact, and make financial recommendations accordingly. The NFL Foundation is also launching a new grant today for active and retired players who develop social justice programming or partner with local non-profit organizations committed to this work. A similar grant will be open for club foundations later this month.

In addition, the league's government affairs division is working to provide support to the Players Coalition, players and clubs who are interested in criminal justice reform at the local, state and/or national level.

"The collaboration between the NFL and its players should be celebrated, as it's the first professional league or entity that has taken the concerns of its players and put resources behind it," said NFL Legend Anquan Boldwin. "Our country has some real issues when it comes to social and racial equality that must be addressed. The only way these issues will get solved is to fight together."

"We are pleased to have developed a new initiative that focuses on creating meaningful solutions to improve our communities," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "In developing this plan, we have taken the lead from our players and are honored to join them in this work. Their work has deepened our understanding of the unique platform we have to help advance progress in a profound and unifying way."

Many teams and owners are engaged in ongoing social justice work. This season alone, NFL teams, together with ownership and hundreds of players, have hosted or taken part in more than 100 events pertaining to social justice. Examples include New York Jets Chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson spending time with Jets players learning about criminal justice reform in the Bronx in December; New England Patriots President Jonathan Kraft joining Patriots players at Harvard Law School earlier this month to hear from advocates for education and economic advancement; and Philadelphia Eagles CEO and Chairman Jeffrey Lurie and Commissioner Goodell joining Eagles players to gain perspective on criminal justice reform this fall.

Commissioner Goodell also joined Dolphins players for a day of conversation and high school roundtables with law enforcement through the Ross Initiative for Sports Equality (RISE) earlier this season. This ongoing work is built upon the constructive dialogue that has been taking place for the past year among owners, players and NFL teams.

In the coming days and weeks, the NFL will highlight various societal issues, individuals and organizations through the lens of its players in a series of NFL Network features debuting this Thursday, January 25 during NFL Total Access, which airs at 7 p.m. ET. The first feature includes Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins and his focus on racial bias and social and emotional intelligence training for police officers. Future pieces will address other social justice issues led by Devin McCourty and Doug Baldwin, Jr., among others.

For more information, visit Let's Listen Together | NFL.com.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
News of the day 2- More Goodell FAIL

NFL rejects veterans group's ad for Super Bowl program
6:42 PM ET
Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- The NFL has denied advertising space in the Super Bowl program for a veterans group that declined to alter language about standing for the national anthem.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed Tuesday that American Veterans, or AMVETS , submitted an advertisement last week to the third-party publisher of the game program with the message, "Please Stand."

McCarthy said the league, which has editorial control over the content, asked AMVETS to consider other options for the message, such as "Please Honor our Veterans" or "Please Stand for our Veterans." The two organizations were unable to agree on language in time to meet production deadlines. McCarthy said a separate ad from the Veterans of Foreign Wars group with the words "We Stand for Veterans" was approved.

Some NFL players have taken to kneeling during the national anthem over the last two seasons to raise awareness of social and racial injustice, issues that created division within the league. The NFL announced Tuesday that an owner-player committee was being created to try to address them.

Commissioner Roger Goodell was sent a letter dated Monday from AMVETS national commander Marion Polk to express the Lanham, Maryland-based organization's dismay with the league's decision.

"Freedom of speech works both ways. We respect the rights of those who choose to protest, as these rights are precisely what our members have fought -- and in many cases died -- for," Polk said in his letter to Goodell. "But imposing corporate censorship to deny that same right to those veterans who have secured it for us all is reprehensible and totally beyond the pale."

McCarthy said the NFL game program has "never been a place for advertising that could be considered by some as a political statement. The NFL has long supported the military and veterans and will again salute our service members in the Super Bowl with memorable on-field moments that will be televised as part of the game."

The New England Patriots will play the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl in Minnesota on Feb. 4.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
News of the day 3- EPIC Goodell Fail

Interweb rumor- Goodell and league office pressuring Oakland Raiders into signing Colin Kapercommy in exchange for looking the other way on Rooney Rule violation over Gruden hire.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
News of the day 1- more epic Roger Goodell FAIL

NFL launches campaign to build on commitment to social justice

National Football League
Published: Jan. 23, 2018 at 09:13 a.m.
Updated: Jan. 23, 2018 at 03:35 p.m.

As part of its ongoing work to support its players, the NFL today announced a joint player and ownership commitment focused on social justice. The campaign, Let's Listen Together, launches today and includes a multi-layered roll-out including digital content and brand spots highlighting the player-led work on social and racial equality. The platform will also include social media support, as well as individual letters from players and owners sharing their stories and personal reasons for making social justice a priority.

The working group committee, which held its first meeting at the league office in December, includes Arizona Cardinals Owner and President Michael Bidwill, Atlanta Falcons Owner and Chairman Arthur Blank, Cleveland Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam, Jacksonville Jaguars Owner Shahid Khan, and Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross. The player representatives are New York Jets offensive tackle Kelvin Beachum, NFL Legend Anquan Boldin, New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown, Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Normanand NFL Legend Aeneas Williams. Quotes from each owner and player on the committee are below. The group will focus on supporting programs and initiatives that reduce barriers to opportunity, with a priority on supporting improvements in education and economic development, community and police relations, and the criminal justice system. It will work directly with league staff to help identify future initiatives that have both broad support and a potential for high impact, and make financial recommendations accordingly. The NFL Foundation is also launching a new grant today for active and retired players who develop social justice programming or partner with local non-profit organizations committed to this work. A similar grant will be open for club foundations later this month.

In addition, the league's government affairs division is working to provide support to the Players Coalition, players and clubs who are interested in criminal justice reform at the local, state and/or national level.

"The collaboration between the NFL and its players should be celebrated, as it's the first professional league or entity that has taken the concerns of its players and put resources behind it," said NFL Legend Anquan Boldwin. "Our country has some real issues when it comes to social and racial equality that must be addressed. The only way these issues will get solved is to fight together."

"We are pleased to have developed a new initiative that focuses on creating meaningful solutions to improve our communities," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "In developing this plan, we have taken the lead from our players and are honored to join them in this work. Their work has deepened our understanding of the unique platform we have to help advance progress in a profound and unifying way."

Many teams and owners are engaged in ongoing social justice work. This season alone, NFL teams, together with ownership and hundreds of players, have hosted or taken part in more than 100 events pertaining to social justice. Examples include New York Jets Chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson spending time with Jets players learning about criminal justice reform in the Bronx in December; New England Patriots President Jonathan Kraft joining Patriots players at Harvard Law School earlier this month to hear from advocates for education and economic advancement; and Philadelphia Eagles CEO and Chairman Jeffrey Lurie and Commissioner Goodell joining Eagles players to gain perspective on criminal justice reform this fall.

Commissioner Goodell also joined Dolphins players for a day of conversation and high school roundtables with law enforcement through the Ross Initiative for Sports Equality (RISE) earlier this season. This ongoing work is built upon the constructive dialogue that has been taking place for the past year among owners, players and NFL teams.

In the coming days and weeks, the NFL will highlight various societal issues, individuals and organizations through the lens of its players in a series of NFL Network features debuting this Thursday, January 25 during NFL Total Access, which airs at 7 p.m. ET. The first feature includes Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins and his focus on racial bias and social and emotional intelligence training for police officers. Future pieces will address other social justice issues led by Devin McCourty and Doug Baldwin, Jr., among others.

For more information, visit Let's Listen Together | NFL.com.

giphy.gif

Reaction score
News of the day 2- More Goodell FAIL

NFL rejects veterans group's ad for Super Bowl program
6:42 PM ET
Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- The NFL has denied advertising space in the Super Bowl program for a veterans group that declined to alter language about standing for the national anthem.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed Tuesday that American Veterans, or AMVETS , submitted an advertisement last week to the third-party publisher of the game program with the message, "Please Stand."

McCarthy said the league, which has editorial control over the content, asked AMVETS to consider other options for the message, such as "Please Honor our Veterans" or "Please Stand for our Veterans." The two organizations were unable to agree on language in time to meet production deadlines. McCarthy said a separate ad from the Veterans of Foreign Wars group with the words "We Stand for Veterans" was approved.

Some NFL players have taken to kneeling during the national anthem over the last two seasons to raise awareness of social and racial injustice, issues that created division within the league. The NFL announced Tuesday that an owner-player committee was being created to try to address them.

Commissioner Roger Goodell was sent a letter dated Monday from AMVETS national commander Marion Polk to express the Lanham, Maryland-based organization's dismay with the league's decision.

"Freedom of speech works both ways. We respect the rights of those who choose to protest, as these rights are precisely what our members have fought -- and in many cases died -- for," Polk said in his letter to Goodell. "But imposing corporate censorship to deny that same right to those veterans who have secured it for us all is reprehensible and totally beyond the pale."

McCarthy said the NFL game program has "never been a place for advertising that could be considered by some as a political statement. The NFL has long supported the military and veterans and will again salute our service members in the Super Bowl with memorable on-field moments that will be televised as part of the game."

The New England Patriots will play the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl in Minnesota on Feb. 4.

The NFL will simply never learn.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Top Bottom