sbk92

Reaction score
"I have $80M in bank"

ESPN.com news services

Carson Palmer is apparently determined to leave Cincinnati.

Palmer, who has demanded the Bengals trade him, told a confidant he "will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again," WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reported Tuesday.

Bengals owner Mike Brown said in January that he will not trade Palmer because the quarterback is crucial to the team's plans.

Several sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen in January that Palmer will contemplate retirement if the Bengals do not trade him.

According to Tuesday's report, Palmer said "I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life."

Palmer hasn't talked to the media since making his trade request. A text message seeking comment wasn't returned. Agent David Dunn released a statement saying that "because of the lack of success that Carson and the Bengals have experienced together, Carson strongly feels that a separation between him and the Bengals would be in the best interest of both parties."

Palmer was the franchise's building block when it made him the first overall pick in 2003, Marvin Lewis' first season as coach. He led the Bengals to the playoffs in 2005 and 2009 -- their only winning records in the past 20 years -- and rebounded from severe knee and elbow injuries along the way.

C

Cr122

lol No shit.

I called his bluff before, but I really think he's serious about this.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Palmer has been in a tailspin for a handful of years.

I think he has some great football left in that arm. He just needs out of that putrid franchise. H never had a great personality, but you can tell his will is broken. Even when things have went well, he's always had that "get me outta here" look to him.

I don't feel confident enough to say he'd be better for us than Romo, especially with the line situation. I'd say Arizona would be a great fit for him. Maybe even Minnesota.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Wonder if the Bengals take him seriously and take a QB early on in the draft. Love to see them call his bluff and Palmer make good on his demands and walk. I don't think fans would be too enamored with his younger brother behind center or whatever leftovers they can find.

Mr.Po

Reaction score

I think he has some great football left in that arm. He just needs out of that putrid franchise. H never had a great personality, but you can tell his will is broken. Even when things have went well, he's always had that "get me outta here" look to him.

I don't feel confident enough to say he'd be better for us than Romo, especially with the line situation. I'd say Arizona would be a great fit for him. Maybe even Minnesota.

I think having to deal with Ocho stinko's antics brought a lot of that on. That had to wear thin after awhile especially with TO coming aboard this past year.The front office and Marvin Lewis handling of players I'm sure hasn't helped either.

C

Cr122

Wonder if the Bengals take him seriously and take a QB early on in the draft. Love to see them call his bluff and Palmer make good on his demands and walk. I don't think fans would be too enamored with his younger brother behind center or whatever leftovers they can find.

I dunno, Ochostinko did the same thing and where did that get him?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

A change of scenery might do soemthing for his career. I think he could have success in a place like Arizona and in that weak division. He might even fare well in Minnesota.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

If they were smart they would trade him for like either a 2nd or maybe a 3rd.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
If they were smart they would trade him for like either a 2nd or maybe a 3rd.

If the CBA ever gets ironed out I think the Titans are definitely one team I can think of who would be wise to inquire about his availabilty unless they have their sights set on Gabbert or the next VY in Newton come draft day.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The Bengals have never been able to keep their star players happy. They're a shitty franchise and its never gonna change.

If a player doesn't want to be with your team then you trade his ass. Don't keep him around trying to prove some kind of point like they're doing with Carson or they have done with Dillion and Ocho.

And what the hell is Marvin Lewis still coaching this team for anyway? He hasn't won shit over the past how many years... I'd want out if I was a player too.

Cincy needs to trade Carson, trade Ocho, fire Marvin Lewis, and draft a QB in this draft.

Top Bottom