Cythim

Reaction score
he has told me where he gets the information.

He is not guessing and is the only real source of viable info there.

He sees the real numbers and understands the language of the cap. No one else does, if you think you can decipher the cap the way adam does great...lets see it.

I have done it better than him, I just don't follow and keep constant track because I have better things to do. He will tell you what can happen with the cap but he does not consider future ramification of those moves, which is why most of them do not happen. We might be capable of producing $17 million in cap space but doing so would cripple our future cap numbers so it will not happen. We can free up a lot of 2012 money by converting ever player's base salary to a bonus but we will have to account for that money at some time in the future.

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate giving props to anything Zone related, but Adam is the best I've seen in regards to understanding the cap.

He's still a homer and Hostile apologist so he can suck it.

Oh, I'm sure he does...

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have done it better than him, I just don't follow and keep constant track because I have better things to do. He will tell you what can happen with the cap but he does not consider future ramification of those moves, which is why most of them do not happen. We might be capable of producing $17 million in cap space but doing so would cripple our future cap numbers so it will not happen. We can free up a lot of 2012 money by converting ever player's base salary to a bonus but we will have to account for that money at some time in the future.

so lets see you do it with the accurate numbers.

Cythim

Reaction score
so lets see you do it with the accurate numbers.

I am not going to jump through hoops for you. The research I did pointed to articles like this being mostly accurate. You admitted yourself that they were accurate and Adam's numbers confirm these numbers ($120m cap + $17m carry over - $124m committed - $8m for Spencer = $5 million).

Any potential cap space beyond that is speculation of what can be done and that is easy enough as well, taking every contract that is above veteran base salary and converting it into a signing bonus. The names you hear for restructuring are Ware ($4.5m base), Free ($6m base), and Scandrick ($7m base) who happen to have the largest base salaries on the team. It is simple accounting and the numbers are published for anyone to find. The real question is how much will it cost in the future if we restructure these salaries? Ware has a base salary of $12m and $13m in his last two years and pushing more back will put his cap number above $15 million. We would have to sign him to a monster contract in 2014 when he would be 32 years old, unless we want to cut him and save about $8m on the cap.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I haven't seen Adam be blatantly inaccurate. I've seen him overlook at times and he's owned up for those times but I've never seen him just look like he's a fucking tool who doesn't know what he's talking about.

What he says the team "can" do and what the team actually does doesn't do anything to refute what he posts.

He's as spot on as I have seen regarding the cap. If he says it can be done, I'll believe it until he's proven to be flat out wrong.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Welp. We still got that that tv contract salary cap bump coming right?

Haha.

There's a lot of dead room coming off next year. Supposedly 25M or abouts.

But.....And these are just guesses but......

Newman's savings this year just hits next year. 4M-6M, I dunno how the June 1st shit works. Dunno if his SB this year and for the remainder is counted only next year or if his SB goes on this year and the remainder adds on next year.

Romo, up 8.8M in 2013 compared to 2012.

Austin's base salary goes up 5M. Sweet fucking contract Jer. Might as well raise that another 5M-10M to account for the ass fuck fee.

Free's add 1M. Of course, this fucking team will likely restructure him this year so his 6M base will be split over the last two years adding a potential 2-3M each year.

I heard they're doing something with OScan but who knows what the fuck his current number is because Spotrac doesn't have it.

Dez renegotiated I think, I'm guess that will pass a little more of his hit onto next year, likely increasing it by 1M compared to the re-done number this year.

Whatever they do to Ware this year will add on to the remaining 3 years. Probably 1M for each as his base is 4.5 this year. I don't know what the vet minimum is him so just subtract that from the base this year and spread it across the next three years. As it is, his base goes up 1M so we could be looking at a potential 2M add-on to next year.

Sensy, 2M dollar raise over this year!!!

So, lets see. *Just a "what the hell" estimate.

30M-35M?

Of course, I'm not totally confident on the renegotiation aspect. If a guy renegotiates now does it spread to the current year or just the remaining? Is that dependent on time of renegotiation as well? I dunno for sure.

So just to be safe and account for the fact that I really don't know much about the cap and am just going off the numbers listed, lets call it:

20-25M

Oh, and Jenkins is a free agent next season. Also FAs next year:

Costa, Phillips, Butler, Colman, Felix, L.P.

Sean Lee a free agent the season after that, 2014 free agent.

I don't know why but Spotrac doesn't have details for Witten and Rafliff and their 5 year extensions that are almost 40M each.

Lots of money. Lots of money.

Even if I am wrong to a great degree, I would say that retaining what Dallas has going on the market, combined with the increases according to Spotrac and whatever the hell Witten and Ratliff cost will likely eat up all of that dead cash.

Then again, expect more renegotiations and cap hits pushed down the road.

Don't look forward to some awesome TV bump because it will bump everyone and soon the cash minimum will be in effect.

Top Bottom