C

Cr122

If you watched NFC East football in the past 5 years, then you would know that the team that won the division the year before, didn't win it the following year. In fact, that team failed to even make the playoffs.

Awesomeness. This means the Eagles won't make the playoffs.

Remember, the Redskins said they're winning the division. :errr

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Eagles are pulling a Redskins this year and are gonna rule the world on paper. I just look at past history and say, no one has yet bought a Super Bowl and Andy Reid can't either. The Giants are looking at a drop off imo. The Skins just pulled yet another Skins, but with lesser talent. That leaves us. The draft was boring as fuck, but we addressed our areas of need by taking the bpa at every turn. If we continue to build through the draft and bring in FA to fill holes and churn that roster we will start seeing a return to glory.

This year may not be that year though. As much as I hate JJT he is right. If this were a normal year with a normal off season, they wouldn't be running around with their heads cut off.

Something to keep in mind though. Whether or not we get there, is up to this team... just like it was last year. They sure don't look like the same guys this year in camp that was playing dominoes and eating hot dogs at TC last year. So there is hope that the talent will get off their sorry over paid asses and make the NFL fear the Cowboys again.

In 2009, the Cowboys lost these 6 starters: T.O., Williams (safety), Henry, Zach Thomas, Canty, and Ellis. After coming off a 9-7 and failing to make the playoff season. And what happened? They went 11-5 and won the division.

Does anybody doubt that had Garrett coached the team all of last year that we would have not only made the playoffs but won the division? Romo got hurt in the Giants game. We were winning that game. And had we won that game, that might have turned the season around for us like the win over the Saints last year.

The question that should be asked is IF Romo remains healthy, can the Cowboys return to the playoffs? And my asnwer is YES. Not only can but probably will and will win the division, IF Romo reaches his benchmarks: 4,000+ yards, and at least 26 TDs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Didnt they sign Ray Edwards?

And Julio was absolutely ripping it up before he got dinged. The guy has an NFL body already and was in a pro-style offense. He will be a play-maker for them.

And they drafted Jizz Rodgers too, no? Those types always contribute from day 1. The Falcons are legit.

Although Matt Ryan is a choker in the playoffs and hasnt won shit.

Ray Edwards is shit. He had that one good game agaisnt us in the p[layoffs, and try to parlay that into a big time long-term contract with the Vikings. The Vikings weren't biting though. Edwards had a good game against a gimpy Colombo. 10 times out of 10, a healthy Colombo would mop the floor with Edwards. This guy only netted 8 sacks in a season while playing opposite of Jared Allen and having the Williams Wall.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Awesomeness. This means the Eagles won't make the playoffs.

Remember, the Redskins said they're winning the division. :errr

I'm not sayiong that they won't make the playoffs, I'm just saying just because they won the division this past year, doesn't make it a slam dunk that they will win it this year. When we won the division in 2009, who all thought that the Cowboys would win the division again, and who all thought the Cowboys would have the season that they did?

The Redskins do not even factor in the equation.

2005: Giants won division
2006: Eagles won division.
2007: Cowboys won division.
2008: Giants won division.
2009: Cowboys won division.
2010: Eagles won the division.

It's a strong likelihood that either the Cowboys and Giants would win the division if going by the trend, likely the Cowboys.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Marc Colombo wasn't hurt!! He just sucked. Why does everyone suck his dong ?

He sucked last year, but the year before and prior to his injury he was more than fine. Nobody is on his dick. In that game against the Vikings, he was still lingering from the effects of that injury. He should have never been starting. Wade is stupid like that. You would think that he would have learned from being in Buffalo, when Rob Johnson started the first game of the season, and then got injured and was done for the entire season, although they didn't put him on IR, the point is that Flutie came in and led them to the playoffs, and then in that first playoff game he benches Flutie right before and starts Johnson, who hadn't played for nearly all season.

C

Cr122

I'm not sayiong that they won't make the playoffs, I'm just saying just because they won the division this past year, doesn't make it a slam dunk that they will win it this year. When we won the division in 2009, who all thought that the Cowboys would win the division again, and who all thought the Cowboys would have the season that they did?

The Redskins do not even factor in the equation.

2005: Giants won division
2006: Eagles won division.
2007: Cowboys won division.
2008: Giants won division.
2009: Cowboys won division.
2010: Eagles won the division.

It's a strong likelihood that either the Cowboys and Giants would win the division if going by the trend, likely the Cowboys.

I can agree with that, but it won't be easy by any means. It'll probably go down to the last few weeks of the season for the division.

C

Cr122

Yup, stay puft f'ked up by starting Colomblow. Free should of started that game. fo sho.

Top Bottom