sbk92

Reaction score
Steve Greenberg
Sporting News

Cam Jordan is a 6-4, 287-pound defensive end who had 34 tackles for loss at California, ran a 4.76-second 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine, is projected at No. 18 (to the Chargers) in Sporting News expert Russ Lande’s latest mock draft and, well, is insane.

“I think I’m insane,” Jordan told SN in an interview on Tuesday.

Not insane-insane, mind you. But let him explain.

“Usually, defensive linemen are serious, grinding, fierce---just mean. I don’t see myself in that way,” Jordan said. “I’m fun-loving and playful off the field and kind of on it, too; I love the game so much that I’m happy when I hit somebody. When I say happy, I’m talking about how I feel and how I look, too---smiling. I’ll smile as I’m hitting you. Is that insane? I think I’m insane.”

It’s quite a word. A fun one, for sure. What fan---what team---doesn’t want a little good, old-fashioned insanity in the mix?

“If you watch me on film,” Jordan said, “you’ll see how juiced I am to be out there with the boys. I’m fighting but having a blast doing it. It may wipe the smile off my face just a little bit the first few times I go up against the best of the best in training camp, but I don’t think that’ll last. Ultimately, I’m going to be myself---charismatic, energetic, loving life and living it to the fullest. Also confident: I’m ready to try out for this job and believe I’ll do very well. I’m going to strive to be the best.”

Top Bottom