Reaction score
The bottom 50% had an average AIG of $15K. If you ask them to pay an extra 5% you will have earned $54 billion dollars. Ask the top 1% to pay an extra 5% and you will have earned $84 billion.

I will demonstrate more in a moment.

I'm not asking them to pay anything more, I'm just pointing out that the top 50% already shoulder the vast majority, virtually all, of the tax burden.
The issue shouldn't be about constantly trying to increase taxes, but rather decrease the wreckless spending.

Now I do believe there are certain loopholes that should be looked at just like I think the welfare system needs to be reformed.

Last edited:

Plymkr

Reaction score
The statistical manipulation here does not change the fact that letting the Bush era tax cuts would almost balance our budget by itself - everyone would pay more in taxes, but especially the wealthiest Americans who are now paying taxes at an absurdly low rate, which was the point of Buffett's piece.

Except for the the 48% or so that don't pay ANY taxes. Yet, want more of everything. How bout they cough it up a little too.

Cythim

Reaction score
Except for the the 48% or so that don't pay ANY taxes. Yet, want more of everything. How bout they cough it up a little too.

How about they cough up what? You want a lung? That is all that 48% has to give ya. The bottom 50% earn less than $33k a year and on average earn just $15k. How much do you expect them to contribute? And to say the collective 48% want more of everything equates to nothing more than bigotry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How about they cough up what? You want a lung? That is all that 48% has to give ya. The bottom 50% earn less than $33k a year and on average earn just $15k. How much do you expect them to contribute? And to say the collective 48% want more of everything equates to nothing more than bigotry.

And the vast majority of people in that category pay little or no income tax.

And I'm glad you are seeing the light, your sig line is the only accurate statement you've wrote in here.

Last edited:
Reaction score

lol I love when someone gets called a bigot for wanting poor folk to get their shit together.

Plymkr

Reaction score

Only a matter of fucking time before little lib brings in the race card. lol

I am a bigot now , without even INSERTING ANY RACE into my rant, because I feel that 48% should pay something. lol. Okay.

Seriously. As soon as you get off of your high horse in your ivory tower, the sooner will understand how this shit all works. You are by far the most clueless person I have seen in a while online.

Cythim

Reaction score
Bigotry can be toward anything, not just race. You are intolerant toward poor people because you see them all as greedy and lazy. That is bigotry.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Bigotry can be toward anything, not just race. You are intolerant toward poor people because you see them all as greedy and lazy. That is bigotry.

No, I see it as everyone should pull their own weight. I never once stated that shit so fuck off and stop trying to read between the lines of your own imagination.There are some obvious exceptions to that rule. I have lived it, I know. I didn't read a fucking book to tell.

You are just another Dem. SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!

Top Bottom