ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Only problem with drafting a QB is what makes anyone think we can develop him? Wade Wilson and Ginger Dummy? The only people we've seen them work with is Stephen McGee and Weeden, and look how that turned out.

Apparently the only non-Romo QB Garrett can win with is Kitna.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Only problem with drafting a QB is what makes anyone think we can develop him? Wade Wilson and Ginger Dummy? The only people we've seen them work with is Stephen McGee and Weeden, and look how that turned out.

Biggest issue I have with drafting a QB.

We have not developed a QB since David Lee was allowed to walk out the door and that lifer dick pill supplier Wade Wilson was handed his old job back on a platter.

Garrett is bad enough, but we don't have a QB coach. Period.

Reaction score

Oh right.

I like to pretend that Garrett is dead so I forgot about this little caveat.

Reaction score

Yep, drafting any QB outside the Top 10 is going to be an exercise in futility here... we can't develop marginal talent unless Parcells or Payton come back. We can only hope we draft a guy who is a top 10 guy, who has Romo's work ethic and can learn on his own how to do shit.

And I don't think Jerry is ready to invest that type of draft pick in a QB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys are spot on. There's just no way this staff is capable of identifying and developing QB talent. And folks act like we hit rock bottom but we really haven't. We've only gotten a glimpse of what life will be like without Tony Romo carrying this coaching staff and team of scrubs they've built. This is just sad.

I remember the game where I thought Aikman had lost "it" physically speaking. It was against the Giants if I recall after a multiple pick game. I knew it was over then and so did Troy in his post game interview. Wait until Tony has that game and it's not too far off. That's when depression will set in because I enjoy watching Romo play the game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think we just saw Manning have that type of game last week when he broke the all time passing record then threw four INT and got benched

Reaction score
What's a "competent" backup QB?

Danny White. Steve Young. Jon Kitna.

Cassel as a competent backup is that not far off. I do wonder exactly what the expectations were for Cassel, other than "run for your life on 3", given the pathetic and poorly designed infrastructure (some good players not well used and many bad players trying to accomplish something they cannot).

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One thing I thought was weird the other day was Garrett claiming Cassel hadn't had enough time in the system and that really hurt him. How long does he need? He got here end of September, had three weeks of study, then a few weeks of playing. And he played for Norv in Minny. How long is it supposed to take? Or maybe that was just a pure excuse from Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One thing I thought was weird the other day was Garrett claiming Cassel hadn't had enough time in the system and that really hurt him. How long does he need? He got here end of September, had three weeks of study, then a few weeks of playing. And he played for Norv in Minny. How long is it supposed to take? Or maybe that was just a pure excuse from Garrett.

Maybe there's more difference between what Norv does and what they are doing with Linehan, I dunno

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So Weeden is a Texan now?

Interesting....
I would love to see him come in and light it up and start winning

Just to see Jerry look at Garret and say WTF???

Top Bottom