Reaction score
Bradie James retires as Cowboy
May, 6, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys signed Bradie James on Tuesday so the veteran linebacker could retire with the team that drafted him in the fourth round of the 2003 draft.

James played for the Cowboys from 2003-11 before joining the Houston Texans in 2012. He did not play last season.

James started all but three games from 2005-11 at inside linebacker and led the Cowboys in tackles in a six-year span, topping out at 202 in 2008. He also had eight sacks in 2008. He is the sixth-leading tackler in franchise history after Darren Woodson, Lee Roy Jordan, Randy White, Dexter Coakley and Ed “Too Tall” Jones.

The Cowboys made a similar ceremonial move with Marc Colombo in 2012. On hand for the announcement was former teammate Akin Ayodele.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;yM1BPgondVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM1BPgondVA#t=23[/video]

Good play by James. Ware almost jumped offsides. That would have extended the drive and resulted in a touchdown. I guarantee you.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
[video=youtube;yM1BPgondVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM1BPgondVA#t=23[/video]

Good play by James. Ware almost jumped offsides. That would have extended the drive and resulted in a touchdown. I guarantee you.

How effin' pathetic is it that is probably his career highlight?

Err...thanks for the memories, Bradie!

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How effin' pathetic is it that is probably his career highlight?

Err...thanks for the memories, Bradie!

He was a solid player.

The pathetic thing from the video was Ware almost blowing it. You absolutely cannot do that. I saw too many drives he extended like that resulting in touchdowns. Good thing we don't have to worry about that anymore. It cost us a game last year against San Diego. He just wouldn't learn.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He was a solid player.

He, along with Newman and Ellis, were the walking talking epitome of fake leadership that had plagued this franchise for the last decade.

Solid players, but for a mediocre franchise, they were stars. Part of the problem.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Newman and Ellis were awful leaders and I never understood why fans loved Newman like they did. He gave up a ton of plays, dropped interceptions left and right, and stayed injured. I used to catch so much shit at the zone for calling him what he was - overrated.

We just haven't had many leaders on this team since Aikman, Irvin, and Smith.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
when do we put his name up in the Ring of Mediocrity?

what has this franchise become? Bradie James? He's not even Eugene "The Hit Machine" Lockhart.

Reaction score
Remember that one hit he made on that one guy in that preseason game his rookie year where spagnola basically creamed himself?

Reaction score

Credit where due. That was a good play. One of the few times we DIDNT let Jacobs humiliate us.

Top Bottom