sbk92

Reaction score
By SportsDayDFW.com

Brad Sham, the radio play-by-play voice of the Dallas Cowboys, chatted with fans on Monday and answered questions about the Cowboys’ newest draft picks. Here are some highlights:

Does Demarco Murray fill a specific need or does he go to camp and the Cowboys discover whom he replaces with his style of play in practice?

I think we'll know more about that when the lockout ends. After the official league year starts, they have a decision to make on a roster bonus for Marion Barber. If they decide to release him, Murray goes into the rotation and competition in camp or practice will sort that out.

Do the Cowboys finally seem underplayed in draft coverage? It seemed like Jerry loved the limelight, but I was happy to see less of the Cowboys beaming on each pick on TV this year.

I'm not sure what you mean by underplayed, but I think they were happy with what they did, and I think they followed their board. That tends to be a little more sound and a little less dramatic, but they were talking about some deals. They just didn't get one to make sense for them. I don't think it's because they decided to lay low.

Other than Tyron Smith, do you think there will be other changes on the offensive line?

I don't know exactly who, but it wouldn't shock me if one of the starting guards was different. Not sure which. I do know this: I would resign Kyle Kosier and I think they want to for a reasonable price. He's got great value on the field and as a leader. He wants to play 2 more years and I think he can.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
They've already reached out to Kosier's agent, so he's definitely coming back unless he unrealistically asks for an unreasonable contract extension. Which by unrealistically I mean I don't think he will ask for that.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It wouldn't shock him? Well no shat one of the guards might be replaced......at least one of them better be.

I wish we could replace both of those old guards, but not replacing at least one would be inexcusable.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'm not convinced we're replacing a starting G this year.

It's the right thing to do, but I don't know if we'll do it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kosier makes all of the line calls for Gurode because whenever Kosier is out, Gurode goes straight dum dum.

Free Agency isn't looking too promising as far as OL goes so I kind of expect Tyron Smith to be the only new starter this year.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kosier makes all of the line calls for Gurode because whenever Kosier is out, Gurode goes straight dum dum.

Free Agency isn't looking too promising as far as OL goes so I kind of expect Tyron Smith to be the only new starter this year.

That would be awful, and as a result, you won't see much of an improvement in our line play.

Both Davis and Colombo were awful last year and simply adding Smith isn't going to be enough. If we want significant improvement, then we should have at least 2 new starters on the line by opening day.

C

Cr122

We better add someone in free agency, because just adding Smith alone doesn't solve our problems.

Davis is getting old and fat, and Kosier can't stay healthy, we need more help there.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That would be awful, and as a result, you won't see much of an improvement in our line play.

Both Davis and Colombo were awful last year and simply adding Smith isn't going to be enough. If we want significant improvement, then we should have at least 2 new starters on the line by opening day.

The offensive line was ranked 11th by the NFL. The offense was 7th in scoring. It was 11th in sacks given up.

Great stats? No. But not woeful.

Colombo was by far the worst offense lineman... all season long. Davis by most accounts played much better over the last half of the season. Combine a much better RT with a physical training camp and I don't see a bad right-hand side of the offensive line.

Reaction score
Last year pissed me off. Give me anyone else besides Leonard Davis. Im sick of shitheads who cant read a stunt or wont attempt to make a tackle.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We need to be able to run the ball. Tyron Smith alone isn't going to be able to fix the running game.

Our running game is pathetic. It's almost funny to watch. It's either going to be a dealy or a draw. Everyone knows it.

Reaction score
Romo can make 1 guy miss his sleep, thats not a huge problem. It was the combo of pressure off the right edge and a whiff by Leonard Davis that was disastrous.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The offensive line was ranked 11th by the NFL. The offense was 7th in scoring. It was 11th in sacks given up.

Great stats? No. But not woeful.

Colombo was by far the worst offense lineman... all season long. Davis by most accounts played much better over the last half of the season. Combine a much better RT with a physical training camp and I don't see a bad right-hand side of the offensive line.

I don't care what the stats imply, I simply need to go with the eye test.

And the eye test says they struggled in pass protection and are one of the very worst run blocking units in all of football.

You wanna talk stats? Here's one I'd like someone to look up: Find out which teams allowed their RB's to get hit behind the LOS the most and I'm willing to bet we'd rank amongst the leagues worst.

Davis is not a good player and he needs to be replaced asap.

Top Bottom