Reaction score
Bills, Vikings lining up for Cam Newton

Two teams that appear very interested in Cam Newton are the Bills and Vikings. Bills general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey both are southerners who love players from the SEC. And Gailey, who made his NFL name by turning Kordell Stewart into a star, surely could figure out how to use Newton. As for the Vikings, they found Newton charismatic in their talks with him at the combine.

National Football Post

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...ng-up-for-cam-newton?xid=si_nfl#ixzz1GXOC5CGC

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I would think the Bills would be leery of athletic, big armed quarterbacks with 10 cent heads after what they went through with JP Losman.

sbk92

Reaction score
I would think Gailey is in love with Newton's skill set.

I'm penciling in Newton to the Bills.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
The Vikings have been grasping at straws since Culpepper went south. If they want a bigger - faster version of Tavaris Jackson then so be it.

I think the Bills would be pulling the trigger a little early on Fitzpatrick if they go that route. QB was not their problem. He's got some growing pains as a starter to work through but if they shore up the defensive side of the ball and give him another weapon or two they could easily start to turn things around.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The Vikings have been grasping at straws since Culpepper went south. If they want a bigger - faster version of Tavaris Jackson then so be it.

I think the Bills would be pulling the trigger a little early on Fitzpatrick if they go that route. QB was not their problem. He's got some growing pains as a starter to work through but if they shore up the defensive side of the ball and give him another weapon or two they could easily start to turn things around.

They could... Or they could pick up Newton, let him sit for a year behind Fitz, and try developing him.

Lets face it... the Bills aren't doing shit in that division next year anyway. They need to get a dynamic player on offense for the future.

Top Bottom