Plymkr

Reaction score
The 2004 draft was one of the more frustrating drafts I've ever watched. Jackson was the guy I wanted, and pick after pick, he was unbelievably falling to us. When we were on the clock and he was still there, I was like a kid at Christmas. When we passed on him, it was like my dog died.

When we passed on Jackson, we didn't do so with the knowledge that Ware would or wouldn't be available the following year. With every selection, you want your coaches and scouts to make the best decision for the team. The team obviously feels as though they did exactly that, and with it landing us Ware and Spears the following year - and considering how we've had decent production from the RB position for a number of years, you could argue they were correct.

It should be noted that Parcells has stated previously that had we stayed where we were and not traded down, that Kevin Jones would've been the runningback selected, and not Stephen Jackson. I believe there were concerns about Jacksons back at the time.

All I remember seeing was a dude dying to play for the Cowboys, and dejected and torn when Dallas passed on him.

And Kevin Jones? Fuck, makes it even more obvious what a moron Parcells was.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The 2004 draft was one of the more frustrating drafts I've ever watched. Jackson was the guy I wanted, and pick after pick, he was unbelievably falling to us. When we were on the clock and he was still there, I was like a kid at Christmas. When we passed on him, it was like my dog died.

When we passed on Jackson, we didn't do so with the knowledge that Ware would or wouldn't be available the following year. With every selection, you want your coaches and scouts to make the best decision for the team. The team obviously feels as though they did exactly that, and with it landing us Ware and Spears the following year - and considering how we've had decent production from the RB position for a number of years, you could argue they were correct.

It should be noted that Parcells has stated previously that had we stayed where we were and not traded down, that Kevin Jones would've been the runningback selected, and not Stephen Jackson. I believe there were concerns about Jacksons back at the time.

Then we should be all the more happy that we traded out. Abnd I understand with what you are saying in not having knowledge of Ware at the time, but in employing 20/20 hindsight, I would rather still take Ware over Jackson.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All I remember seeing was a dude dying to play for the Cowboys, and dejected and torn when Dallas passed on him.

And Kevin Jones? Fuck, makes it even more obvious what a moron Parcells was.

Yeah. Moss was the same way. And we all know how bad Dez wanted to be a Cowboy.

Top Bottom