Reaction score
3/30/2011 2:26:32 PM | More

The Buffalo Bills have nine draft picks in the upcoming NFL draft. According to Chris Brown of Buffalobills.com overall it would be no surprise if Buffalo’s decision makers use the majority of those selections for the defensive side of the ball.

“If I had to say today, I’d say we’re going to use most of our picks defensively,” said head coach Chan Gailey during a half-hour Tele-Forum with Bills season ticket holders Tuesday afternoon. “I think we have to try to shore up our defensive football team. We have to try to get stronger there, get quicker there, get nastier there. I won’t say all of them, but I would say a majority of them will work toward that defensive side this year.”

“The main thing we need to improve on is playing defense and stopping the run,” said Bills GM Buddy Nix. “Until we do that and get some pressure on the passer then we’re not going to be where we want to be. That would be the biggest change I would see us making.”

“The thing we’re trying to get to is a 3-4 scheme and when I say that it’s for scouting and for drafting more than anything else,” said Nix. “That’s what we shoot for when we go out and evaluate players. There’s not a lot of difference though. We’ll try to do what players can do best. We’re going to take those guys and if they can make plays we’re going to put them in position to make them whether it’s a 4-3 look or a 3-4 look.”

------------------

Interesting, because a lot of us put Cam Newton at this spot in our site mocks. But that bigger, faster, nastier description screams Nick Fairley, doesn't it?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Interesting, because a lot of us put Cam Newton at this spot in our site mocks. But that bigger, faster, nastier description screams Nick Fairley, doesn't it?

Or possibly Von Miller.

It could also be a poor attempt at a smoke screen.

Top Bottom