Reaction score
Big Leonard says give Alex a break

Guard Leonard Davis is amused by the notion that offensive line injuries have a negative impact on the Cowboys. With Kyle Kosier and Marc Colombo missing games, the Cowboys have be forced to use backups Montrae Holland and Alex Barron.

Barron had a difficult time against the Redskins in the season opener and his holding penalty late in the fourth quarter negated what would have been the winning touchdown.

But Davis said when backups are in, the team plays the same way.

“We ran the same plays we’ve been running all year. It hasn’t changed,” Davis said. “It’s not like we run this play with Colombo and then we can’t run that play with Alex. We run the same plays we ran with or without them.”

Davis went on to say, “We’ve got quality backups. Anytime you can have depth like that, it makes it tough for the other team to really have the advantage. Because usually when you don’t have quality depth, it’s a big dropoff. Maybe that’s when coordinators kind of tailor the game plan according to that.

“But the situation we’re in, we have good enough quality depth that we don’t have to do that, We don’t have to modify the game plan.”

-- Jan Hubbard

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ard-says-give-alex-a-break.html#ixzz11VDJz09s

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The problem is, Mr. Davis, there isn't much difference from LG over and down through the offensive line "depth". Free is a Cubic Zirconia among trash.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
How many folks were watching McQ and Berger last night for the Dolphins? I watched when I could. I didn't think either one was playing a bad game.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I am not sure where in that article Leonard says "give Alex a break".

Why the misleading titles.

sbk92

Reaction score
The problem is, Mr. Davis, there isn't much difference from LG over and down through the offensive line "depth". Free is a Cubic Zirconia among trash.

Yeah, that's what's beyond him. He's not good enough and the backups provide almost the same caliber of suck.

He doesn't even have an intelligent argument. Hey, we still run the same plays so what's the difference?

How about execution of those plays, you ogre?

Cowboyfan

Spectator
Reaction score
Sure, run the same plays, only run them without HOLDING and costing us the game.

sbk92

Reaction score
However, if I was face to face with Leonard Davis, I would agree with him.

Top Bottom