Mr.Po

Reaction score
funny-pictures-humor-fat-spiderman-costume-venom1.png

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Ya know. I understand that the world is diverse. I have friends of every race/creed/color. And I would love for them to have a Super Hero that they can all relate to. But was there some reason that Marvel felt the need to kill of Peter Parker and replace him with a bi racial teenager now? Really? Can't they just make up a new hero and leave the ones I grew up loving the fuck alone?

Are white folks not allowed to have heroes and role models that are white now?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
2012 will be the last time I'm called a racist as I walk out of the voting both.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
hey racist ******s it's not even real spider man it's like alternate dimension spider man

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ya know. I understand that the world is diverse. I have friends of every race/creed/color. And I would love for them to have a Super Hero that they can all relate to. But was there some reason that Marvel felt the need to kill of Peter Parker and replace him with a bi racial teenager now? Really? Can't they just make up a new hero and leave the ones I grew up loving the fuck alone?

Are white folks not allowed to have heroes and role models that are white now?
NO

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Beck blames Michelle Obama for new bi-racial Spider-Man

Posted on 08.3.11
By David Edwards
Categories: Featured, Say What?

Radio host Glenn Beck Wednesday joined a chorus of conservatives who are outraged that the new Ultimate Spider-Man is half black and half Latino.

But Beck went even further, speculating that the new superhero incarnation may be the fault of first lady Michele Obama.

“He looks just like President Obama,” Beck complained. “This one is half Hispanic and half black. Do I care if he’s half Hispanic, all Hispanic? No. Half black? I don’t care. I really don’t care. Half gay, all gay? I don’t really care! It’s a stupid comic book.”

“However, what I do care about is the fact that I think a lot of this stuff is being done intentionally,” he added, pointing to a remark Michele Obama made in 2008: “We’re going to have to change our traditions, our history.”

“It’s strange how so much of this seems to be happening,” Beck said. “Really? We now have a half-black, half-Hispanic, gay Spider-Man?”

Mediaite’s Jon Bershad noted that the new Ultimate Spider-Man is not replacing the regular Spider-Man, and is, in fact, actually not gay.

Listen to this audio from GBTV’s Glenn Beck Program, broadcast Aug. 3, 2011 and clipped by Media Matters.

Top Bottom