GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hatcher is decent.

Lissemore has been a good role player. No guarantee he'll be better as a full timer. Although he's earned the chance.

Spears and Coleman are one dimensional and average at best.

Geathers is a big guy who has never done anything.

That's not depth.

That absolutely is depth...you just listed 5 payers who can play and be serviceable at one position...and you didn't even mention the rookie, who is better than most of them

What positions are better?

Not wR
Not rb
Not any of the OL positions
Not DT
Not safety

So QB
LB
And CB

Like I said, one of our deeper positions

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd say we have more depth/talent at RB, corner, WR (based on our immensely talented starters alone), TE, QB, and linebacker.

All of those positions are deeper/more talented pound for pound than DE.

No fuckin way wR or rb

It's depth!!! 2 starters does not equal depth. Sorry

Felix is a fuckin loser..no way rb is better either

Reaction score
Right.

Felix is a loser, but Spears and Coleman strengthen your argument.

Oh... and Geathers. That practice squad guy who has shown virtually nothing to date.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right.

Felix is a loser, but Spears and Coleman strengthen your argument.

Oh... and Geathers. That practice squad guy who has shown virtually nothing to date.

You're comparing your #2 vs my 6 and 7

Good argument. Youre arguing deth and miles and dez are why you picked WR...lmfao..good one

Reaction score
Original argument was how deep a position was - that includes starters.

And I said, pound for pound... CB, WR, QB, TE, RB, and LB were all deeper, more talented positions heading into 2012.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Original argument was how deep a position was - that includes starters.

And I said, pound for pound... CB, WR, QB, TE, RB, and LB were all deeper, more talented positions heading into 2012.

Your av is creeping me out

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Lissemore and Crawford... but have great potential, but honestly, are relative unknowns.

Spears is just a guy.

Hatcher is a flash player. Makes plays, then disappears.

Still, they are impressing and are depth at the moment.

Not too many teams can churn out established starters off the bench and sometimes, hustle and potential is all you need. Which like you said, Lissemore and Crawford have in spades.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd say we have more depth/talent at RB, corner, WR (based on our immensely talented starters alone), TE, QB, and linebacker.

All of those positions are deeper/more talented pound for pound than DE.

Judging based off your criteria, we only have one known player as a backup at Lb, Connor, who has been injury prone.

Noone to speak of being known backing Witten either. Just a lot of flash and potential.

Reaction score
Still, they are impressing and are depth at the moment.

Not too many teams can churn out established starters off the bench and sometimes, hustle and potential is all you need. Which like you said, Lissemore and Crawford have in spades.

I'll say this...

I like Lissemore. I like Crawford. And I want to buy into Hatcher as this emerging presence.

Coleman and Spears are useless. Geathers is just a physically imposing guy who, based on what Theebs has mentioned people suggesting, is too soft.

Putting stock in Crawford adn calling him quality depth before he's even taken a real NFL snap would be like saying we're deep at receiver because Beasley has been one of the stars of camp.

So at DE, IMO, I see a decent starter in Hatcher. A decent rotation guy who's earned the right to play more. And a young guy with potential. And then just a bunch of warm bodies.

Reaction score
I don’t see much of a pass rush or push with the d-line. Don’t know if it’s a weakness but probably not a strength. My top weakness is the interior O-line (derr) and the second/third weakness is 3rd WR and 3rd Corner. O-tree and Scan are still guys i don’t trust yet.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't get the love for Lissemore. You think the Giants go with undersized white guys to get after the QB? Yes, he's scrappy with a good motor, but big deal. Neither he nor Geathers was able to unseat a pedestrian player like Spears this pre-season.

Reaction score
Judging based off your criteria, we only have one known player as a backup at Lb, Connor, who has been injury prone.

We have this Ware guy. #94 in your program. He's decent.

Spencer is a better player/starter than Spears is.

Butler has been coming in and making plays when given the opportunity.

And Sean Lee is an okay player as well.

Noone to speak of being known backing Witten either. Just a lot of flash and potential.

To be fair, most of the DE depth argument is based on flash and potential as well.

I included TE becaues Witten is incredible, Phillips is solid, and Hannah has been very impressive. But I don't mind if you take TE off the list.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't get the love for Lissemore. You think the Giants go with undersized white guys to get after the QB? Yes, he's scrappy with a good motor, but big deal. Neither he nor Geathers was able to unseat a pedestrian player like Spears this pre-season.

Not a fair comparison. A 3-4 end vs a 4-3 end isn't fair...let alone their guys being black

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We have this Ware guy. #94 in your program. He's decent.

Spencer is a better player/starter than Spears is.

Butler has been coming in and making plays when given the opportunity.

And Sean Lee is an okay player as well.

To be fair, most of the DE depth argument is based on flash and potential as well.

I included TE becaues Witten is incredible, Phillips is solid, and Hannah has been very impressive. But I don't mind if you take TE off the list.

Id give you TE before WR

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a fair comparison. A 3-4 end vs a 4-3 end isn't fair...let alone their guys being black

So all our sacks are supposed to come from Ware and, from time to time, Spencer? Fail. There's no reason to continue with the 3-4 year after year just because a coach waaaaay back in 2003 installed it.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So all our sacks are supposed to come from Ware and, from time to time, Spencer? Fail. There's no reason to continue with the 3-4 year after year just because a coach waaaaay back in 2003 installed it.

Nobody said all of them..butler..how about lee? Carter? And the 3-4 ends can chip in here and there too...

The giants get the bulk of their production from their ends (duh, I know) - they have 3 sick ends...all of whom are better than all of our pressure players, save for ware

Reaction score
Id give you TE before WR

Well, I'd concede that neither position may be more talented accross the board than DE.

I included WR again, based solely on the sheer talent we have in our starters. There are a lot of questions after that, granted.

And TE was again, talent of the starter, followed by potential.

Re: DE, I have high hopes for Crawford. I hope he , and think he will pan out. But as far as being a rookie, to date, players like Beasley and Hannah have been every bit as good based on pre-season/practice reports, etc.

I'll take WR, TE off.

But I definitely think we're deeper at QB (although likely not fair because we'll only carry 2), RB, LB, and corner.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, I'd concede that neither position may be more talented accross the board than DE.

I included WR again, based solely on the sheer talent we have in our starters. There are a lot of questions after that, granted.

And TE was again, talent of the starter, followed by potential.

Re: DE, I have high hopes for Crawford. I hope he , and think he will pan out. But as far as being a rookie, to date, players like Beasley and Hannah have been every bit as good based on pre-season/practice reports, etc.

I'll take WR, TE off.

But I definitely think we're deeper at QB (although likely not fair because we'll only carry 2), RB, LB, and corner.

I agree w everything else...good point on the other camp studs at other positions (Hanna and B-Ez)

Top Bottom