JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
That seems to be the point of limiting assault weapons in the US. It's not about the murder rate as much as the mass shooting.

I thought murder was illegal? Oh...you mean a new piece of paper will stop crazy people. Got it. How did that work during the last ban?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
the proportion of people dying through stab wounds has increased from 30% to 41% over the last 10 years

Time to ban the knives...

Can't legislate away crazy.

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current series/mr/21-40/mr21.html
I wonder if the reason opponents of gun legislation cannot actually debate the issues or numbers regarding gun control, and instead have to resort to silly troll tactics like "lets ban forks, knives and motor vehicles guyz" is because their position is so pathetically weak to start with?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Sigh.... We have kicked you ass with facts. The issue is your ability to comprehended what has been presented. You are just flat out too stupid to understand what is happening. A parasite like yourself will always back the government (unless the leader happens to have an "R" next to their name) because that is the only way you can survive. You bashed Bush for violating peoples rights but you are all in when your master tells you to. Very predictable.

It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

•In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

•Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.

•Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

•Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.

•During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

•Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.

•Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

•At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.

•Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/?Article_ID=17847

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Apparently you didn't read my last sentence.

Mass shooting... what about it? Banning things will not stop mass shootings. The last ban did not prevent mass shootings. The inability of people to learn from past mistakes seems to be an issue. Not you necessarily, but for our dear leaders and the worshipers that suck up everything they say as the gospel.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know where they're getting those made up numbers from, but I could cite just as many that show Australia's gun crime/homicide/suicide rate has been in steady decline - however this was occurring both before and after the gun ban and it's effectiveness in reducing those rates is therefore in debate. I am not interested in that, because there is no solid answer on it - debating it is pointless.

What is not in debate is this;

Other researchers have focused on mass shootings: there were 11 in Australia in the decade before 1996, and there have been none since.

Feel free to share your thoughts - preferably your own thoughts, not just some youtube video or copypasta from conservative shithole du jour.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I wonder if the reason opponents of gun legislation cannot actually debate the issues or numbers regarding gun control, and instead have to resort to silly troll tactics like "lets ban forks, knives and motor vehicles guyz" is because their position is so pathetically weak to start with?

You serious? Or were you going for the irony angle with this one?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Did the previous ban prevent mass shootings in the US? If that is your only goal then you are retarded because it does not work.

Silly libs keep trotting out the same old failed ideas expecting a different set results. Sad. The worshipers of failed ideas such as you just keep parroting the company line. Independent thought and consequences for your idiotic actions be damned. A piece of paper will keep crazy people from doing crazy things. What a warped little world you live in.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We never had a previous ban like Australia's which seems to be the topic of this thread. Can you discuss that or would you like to just continue your crazed party-rhetoric ranting?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Blah blah blah. The queen of failed ideas strikes again.

The topic was to illustrate the failed idea many liberals are embracing. It has nothing to do with party (though most leftist loons do belong to the dems), it has to do with a failed ideology, an ideology you worship.

It is not my fault you embrace failure.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score

i've tried to debate with you. you giggle up and run away from the facts.

if you're truly worried about the children, then why are you after "assault" rifles when they account for the LEAST amount of killings out there? why do you not respond to the #'s i give you that say more people are killed with hands and feet than "rifles" of ANY kind?

you resort to the same tactics you now curse. you're Gods biggest hypocrite put on earth just to piss off normal people.

ThaBigP

Cheerleader
Reaction score
i've tried to debate with you. you giggle up and run away from the facts.

if you're truly worried about the children, then why are you after "assault" rifles when they account for the LEAST amount of killings out there? why do you not respond to the #'s i give you that say more people are killed with hands and feet than "rifles" of ANY kind?

you resort to the same tactics you now curse. you're Gods biggest hypocrite put on earth just to piss off normal people.

Unfortunately, for that sort it's not about debating with coherent arguments, facts, or arguing over contingencies. At least not for long. They quickly devolve into "winning" the argument with zingers, giggle emoticons, "Ehl! Oh! Ehl!"s, and a taint lick or two.

laughing+emoticon.jpg

Deus Ex Machina

Top Bottom