Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Youngest victim was a 3 month old baby.

RIP little one.

My heart just dropped. Murder is never OK, but taking out innocent little babies is heinous in the extreme. They do nothing to deserve anything but the best. Poor baby.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
i went to see Ted 3 weeks ago on a sundy morning and some asshole parents had three kids who appeared to be between 5-8.

people are stupid.

I've heard a bunch of stories about parents bringing their small children to Ted. Most ran out as soon as the shit hit the fan.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Assuming these reports are true, Holmes is/was a medical student. It takes a lot of IQ, discipline and focus to get to med school.

He's not a run-of-the-mill impulsive sociopath.

There's a very good chance that he is psychotic (delusional). He might have a schizophrenia, but my guess is a psychotic depression (significant depression plus psychotic/delusional thinking).

Actually sociopaths do a very good job of conning you into thinking that their well-adjusted individuals.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have no real opinion on gun control.

I do however wonder if there is a marked difference in the frequency of things like this in nations where they have stricter laws re: gun control. Like, how many of these shootings in America since 2000 vs. the rest of the world.

These people are fucking nuts.

Gun control may be able to curb some random acts of violence where a couple of hard asses square off and one guy goes to the truck to get his gun but it wouldn't stop a premeditated assault.

This guy planned shit out well in advance and executed the plan nearly flawlessly.

Someone at work today mentioned he would get off on insanity and I disagreed. I don't think any legally "insane" person could have orchestrated such an attack.

Fucking scumbag. I really wish there were times when criminals would be thrown to the wolves. I was thinking about it earlier that it will likely be unfortunate that he sits in prison for years to come before getting executed. But then I thought about how he likely didn't care if he would have died and executing a person who doesn't care kind of loses a little luster because he basically went out on his own terms.

So maybe having him rot for a few years is a better alternative in terms of "getting what he deserves". At least to the extent that the system can provide it. Maybe 2-3 years from now he won't be indifferent regarding death and he'll be scared shitless every day leading up to his injection. One can only hope.

Personally, I can't think of a death horrible enough for this piece of shit. I wish we would outsource capital punishment. Send his ass to some fucked up country where people will do things to him that you only see in horror movies.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Exactly, theebs. He showed an awful lot of premeditation for this to be an insane act.

But of my understanding, insanity isn't a defense nowadays. I think I read that somewhere, maybe peplaw could comment on that.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure why, but that infuriated me more than the killer

what?

it is not the brightest idea but maybe the parents knew he would just sleep through the movie....

personally I would never even consider doing it but that bothered you more than the shooter?

Reaction score
Actually sociopaths do a very good job of conning you into thinking that their well-adjusted individuals.

Not the impulsive ones. (e.g., Natural Born Killers, ADHD type of sociopaths).

Anyway, I found it interesting that later reports indicate he wasn't a medical student. He was a neuroscience Ph.D. student. It is easier to get into a neuroscience Ph.D. program than an M.D. program. Which means that he didn't have to be as organized, consistent or focused to get into his graduate program. This opens the door to a mental disorder of longer duration.

Reaction score
Not sure why, but that infuriated me more than the killer

Really? Some parents actually take care of their kids and are uncomfortable leaving them with a babysitter, especially a newborn that needs constant attention. You don’t know what it’s like to have a kid, till you have one and actually take care of them while still trying to enjoy your life.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Really? Some parents actually take care of their kids and are uncomfortable leaving them with a babysitter, especially a newborn that needs constant attention. You don’t know what it’s like to have a kid, till you have one and actually take care of them while still trying to enjoy your life.

I have 2 kids and not once have I ever once felt that I had to take my 3 month old to the movie with me.

I waited to find a sitter, and if I didn't find one, we didn't go to the damn movie.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score

lol

wut

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, it's grossly irresponsible. No one under 14 should have been there.

Not sure I'm gonna agree with that.

I have a young brother because of a huge age gap and I would have taken him if I could. He would have loved it.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Taking a newborn to a movie? I hate you people. Nobody is saying you cant enjoy your life. We are saying think of others and not bring a crying baby or kid to a damn movie. We arent here to raise your kids.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Don't have a baby of you aren't prepared to at least make a minimal sacrifice like not going to a midnight release.

Reaction score
Taking a newborn to a movie? I hate you people. Nobody is saying you cant enjoy your life. We are saying think of others and not bring a crying baby or kid to a damn movie. We arent here to raise your kids.

For me, what gets old quickly is when the baby cries and the parent stays put.

If the parent of the newborn quickly takes the baby out of the theater when the baby starts crying, I'm o.k. with it.

Top Bottom