sbk92

Reaction score
I'd go into free agency with this line as my projected starting group.

Smith Kosier Gurode Holland Davis.

I'd avoid paying top dollar to Free. I'd look for a reasonable upgrade at G and RT in free agency but not to the tune of bastardizing our cap any further.

No matter what is done it's still gonna be a bad line in 2011. You don't go from shat to quality in one offseason. I'd look to get by this year and draft some more in the spring.

ABQCOWBOY

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that when you make a pick like Smith in the draft, you do so betting that he is going to be the starter. If he doesn't work out, your screwed. If we are as tight on the cap as is being discussed, we may not have a lot of good options there. I might think about signing a guy like Chad Clifton if he will sign a reasonable contract. I think Green Bay will release him and he's probably not long for the show but he might be able to give you some time for Smith to develop, assuming he is not ready to go day one.

sbk92

Reaction score
I think that when you make a pick like Smith in the draft, you do so betting that he is going to be the starter. If he doesn't work out, your screwed. If we are as tight on the cap as is being discussed, we may not have a lot of good options there. I might think about signing a guy like Chad Clifton if he will sign a reasonable contract. I think Green Bay will release him and he's probably not long for the show but he might be able to give you some time for Smith to develop, assuming he is not ready to go day one.

Good to see you here, bro.

ABQCOWBOY

Spectator
Reaction score
Bored. This is the offseason from hell.

Figures that we would have that now when we finally have a coaching staff worth getting excited about again.

No kidding. I think there will be football but I'm not sure when or how good it will be. I'm pretty excited about the defense thou. Finally, a guy who believes in something other then bend but don't break crap. This guy believes in putting them all to the sword and letting whatever master they pray to figure it out.

I like that.

sbk92

Reaction score
No kidding. I think there will be football but I'm not sure when or how good it will be. I'm pretty excited about the defense thou. Finally, a guy who believes in something other then bend but don't break crap. This guy believes in putting them all to the sword and letting whatever master they pray to figure it out.

I like that.

Yeah but he needs an installation period to get it done. And the clock is ticking.

I hope fans remember that this year. The offense should be good. Same system. Same players. But the defense may have to run a dumbed down version of Rob Ryan's 3-4 this year.

How did you find out about the U?

ABQCOWBOY

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah but he needs an installation period to get it done. And the clock is ticking.

I hope fans remember that this year. The offense should be good. Same system. Same players. But the defense may have to run a dumbed down version of Rob Ryan's 3-4 this year.

How did you find out about the U?

You are right. It's going to take some time for him to get these guys tuned up. As far as Offense goes, well, that's all on the OL IMO. Would be nice to have a season where we don't lose Kosier.

Finding you was accident really. You would be amazed at what you find when you google Bob Sacamono. lol

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Welcome to DCU.

You would be amazed at what you find when you google Bob Sacamono. lol

john_belushi.jpg

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
ABQ used to be a stand up guy until I found out that he's on good terms with the resident chode.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd go into free agency with this line as my projected starting group.

Smith Kosier Gurode Holland Davis.

I'd avoid paying top dollar to Free. I'd look for a reasonable upgrade at G and RT in free agency but not to the tune of bastardizing our cap any further.

No matter what is done it's still gonna be a bad line in 2011. You don't go from shat to quality in one offseason. I'd look to get by this year and draft some more in the spring.

Thank God you arnt running things at the Ranch. I'm sure your real favorite team, philly would be quite happy to see Davis at RT instead of either Free or Smith.

sbk92

Reaction score
Thank God you arnt running things at the Ranch. I'm sure your real favorite team, philly would be quite happy to see Davis at RT instead of either Free or Smith.

Yeah, thank God I'm not.

I could never keep up with those peerless personnel folk in Dallas.

sbk92

Reaction score
How juvenile it is to accuse real honest Cowboys fans of being a fan of another team?

You're an embarrassment to this board as a staff member.

Top Bottom