Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/suit-phrase-mocking-asians-nj-153656348.html

Suit: Phrase Mocking Asians on NJ CVS Photo Tix

NJ woman of Korean descent files suit against CVS after phrase mocking Asians on photo stub

BELMAR, N.J. (AP) -- A woman of Korean descent who claims a worker at a CVS in southern New Jersey used a phrase mocking Asians to identify her on a store receipt has filed a federal discrimination suit against the pharmacy chain, according to her lawyer.

Attorney Susan Chana Lask said her client, Hyun Lee, was picking up photos Feb. 7 at a CVS in Egg Harbor City when Lee noticed an employee had identified her as "Ching Chong Lee" on the ticket.

Lee said through her attorney that she complained to CVS customer relations and was allegedly told the worker would be "counseled and trained."

"Store counseling cannot correct intolerable discrimination," Lask said in a written statement, adding they were demanding the worker be fired.

CVS Caremark Corp. spokesman Mike DeAngelis said the company does not comment on pending litigation but has a firm non-discrimination policy.

"CVS/pharmacy is committed to treating all of our customers with dignity and respect," he said.

The suit, which Lask said was filed April 16 in federal court in Camden, is seeking $1 million.

Lask planned to hold a news conference to announce the suit on Thursday.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
File a complaint and stop going to that store, but don't sue the company, Ching Chong Lee.

Reaction score
But it's intolerable discrimination!!

LOL

I found it funny. It's not like she didn't get her pictures, or that the photo tech drew slant eyes on her prints.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hyun? Ching Chong? Maybe that motherfucker misheard her name?

He got the Lee part right.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
So Lee wants the person fired. Brilliant. I am sure the distinguished Ms. Lee has never said something someone could take offense at. Sigh...

Taking someone's job is serious business. The million is complete joke. This is the type of crap that needs to be thrown out of court and the hypersensitive person making the complaint billed for wasting the courts time. Fucking gold diggers. If you want to be rich, work a little harder. Open a laundry mat or a takeout restaurant.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Hyun, Ching Chong, what the hell's the difference? Ching Chong sounds nicer than Hyun any way. She should thank the employee.

Reaction score
If she wins this, I'm going to wait out in some random McDonalds parking lot for one of their employees to come out and tell them about this plan that I've come up with. "I'm going to place a catering order for 50 Big Macs. I want you to write on the ticket "Big Fat Redneck" We'll split the winnings".

Then I'll sue them for calling me a big fat redneck!

Top Bottom