Reaction score
I know June first isn't what it used to be when it comes to signing or finding veteran free agent stop gaps. But I haven't seen any list of any names of guys who might be available. Anyone know of a site who lists who might be out there or who we could find ourselves having interest in? I'd love to see at least one more safety or offensive lineman, any position even tackle, brought in.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we sign someone it will be a brilliant move.

If we don't sign anyone it will be because they all suck.

Sincerely, David Bair, Dallas Cowboys Hype Man

Last edited:
Reaction score
6/1 doesn't really matter anymore because most agents with a clue make that date irrelevent, forcing teams to make a decision on the player prior to that date, so that they have more time to find another team if neccessary.

So yeah, I don't expect much of anything on 6/1.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Jenkins will most likely be available. Jerry will most likely resign him for more than what he was making before we cut him.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm hoping an Andre Gurode type is available at either guard or center.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our pro scouts did a pretty good job last year.. Give them some credit for Robinson and Fiametta

The evaluators who go out and find current pro's are alright in my book.

The evaluators who sign off on our current Center and Safety situations are the people I worry about.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The evaluators who go out and find current pro's are alright in my book.

The evaluators who sign off on our current Center and Safety situations are the people I worry about.

How many games are we going to win this year?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why are we worse than last year?

We were in 3rd place last year and we failed to address what IMO are our two biggest weaknesses, defending the deep ball (Safeties who can cover) and the interior OL. I felt like the Eagles and Giants have maintained or improved and both teams know they can beat us when it counts.

I also don't know if Garrett has improved. Did he attend some coaching classes at TCU this off-season? You can't lose games because of your coach, not in the NFL. Will his ego allow him to actually consult and listen to the more experienced Callahan?

I feel like we have definitely improved at CB, maybe ILB speed, and at Secondary coach but where else did we upgrade? O Line? Livings and Bernadeau are sub par and the Center situation is suspect at best. Pass rush? Same. Defensive Line? Same. 3rd WR is a mystery. Bennett's blocking will be missed. I'm just not seeing anything yet that makes me think we are much improved from our 8-8, 3rd place finish. I can hope ?

Last edited:

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We were in 3rd place last year and we failed to address what IMO are our two biggest weaknesses, defending the deep ball (Safeties who can cover) and the interior OL. I felt like the Eagles and Giants have maintained or improved and both teams know they can beat out when it counts.

I also don't know if Garrett has improved. Did he attend some coaching classes at TCU this off-season? You can't lose games because of your coach, not in the NFL. Will his ego allow him to actually consult and listen to the more experienced Callahan?

I feel like we have definitely improved at CB, maybe ILB speed, and at Secondary coach but where else did we upgrade? O Line? Livings and Bernadeau are sub par and the Center situation is suspect at best. Pass rush? Same. Defensive Line? Same. 3rd WR is a mystery. Bennett's blocking will be missed. I'm just not seeing anything yet that makes me think we are much improved from our 8-8, 3rd place finish. I can hope ?

I agree w a lot of this..

1) you didn't even want Barron, so who could we have gotten to help our safeties?
2) we improved our cbs immensely like you said, that in itself will improve our deep ball coverage

At the end of the day though, I don't think this team is good enough yet..8-8 or 9-7...one more offseason to add a center and safety and we will be fine

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree w a lot of this..

1) you didn't even want Barron, so who could we have gotten to help our safeties?
2) we improved our cbs immensely like you said, that in itself will improve our deep ball coverage

At the end of the day though, I don't think this team is good enough yet..8-8 or 9-7...one more offseason to add a center and safety and we will be fine

Merkelle Martin and the 2 torn ACLs.

Last edited:

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My apologies. What does "we will be fine" mean to you?

It means I don't think this team even has the talent to compete for a title right now

After next year..If we have a solid offseason, I think we will have a good enough roster to compete for a title. Just bc youre good enough doesn't mean you win it..only 1 team every year gets that honor.

Top Bottom