theogt

Reaction score
NBoWK.png

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be a drop off. I suspect DC's accross the league will be scheming all sorts of stunts to confuse our young lineman.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
When cuts come this week hopefully there is someone of quality that we can acquire and have Holland hook his caboose to Gurode on the way out the door.

Reaction score
robphillips3 Rob Phillips
Jason Garrett indirectly stated his starting offensive line, barring injury: Doug Free, Bill Nagy, Phil Costa, Kyle Kosier, Tyron Smith.

Reaction score
espn_macmahon Tim MacMahon
Jason Garrett made it clear Montrae Holland is a backup. 7th-round rookie Bill Nagy will start at guard.

:towel

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not good enough to start in college but good enough to start for THE Dallas Cowboys.

Sunshine pumpers, who exactly did he beat out in camp?

Reaction score
Not good enough to start in college but good enough to start for THE Dallas Cowboys.

he was good enough to start in college, he just fell behind with the injuries. I have no doubt even as a reserve he had an advantage coming in over Arkin (who I still think is starting for us in 2 years), what with the outstanding o-line coaching at Wisconsin.

Crazy thing is that this kid was an absolute after thought draft pick in April, a "who the hell" 7th rounder. Now starting opening day.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's pronounced Naggy.

Like, my wife is a naggy bitch(not my wife).

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

exact same as ratliff. Garrett and chryst at wisconsin are pretty tight. They must have known he would workout.

It is going to be interesting to me to see this smaller more athletic line handle the pressure teams will put on them. The giants, eagles, jets, redskins, lions all have the players to simply overwhelm these guys right now if they want to do that.

Its one thing to play well in the preseason against the guy across from you, its completely different when We are babysitting a rookie right tackle and rob ryan has two weeks to prepare a scheme to attack costa-nagy. this is very nerve racking.

yet when you go 6-10 this is what you should do. In 05 after we went 6-10 the staff was changed, everything defensively was changed and offensively we changed a handful of parts.

Long term I hope it works out. I also am curious how this line will function under Tony Sporano next year....yes I am going out on a limb and saying he will replace houck next season as the Line coach here.

theogt

Reaction score
exact same as ratliff. Garrett and chryst at wisconsin are pretty tight. They must have known he would workout.

It is going to be interesting to me to see this smaller more athletic line handle the pressure teams will put on them. The giants, eagles, jets, redskins, lions all have the players to simply overwhelm these guys right now if they want to do that.

Its one thing to play well in the preseason against the guy across from you, its completely different when We are babysitting a rookie right tackle and rob ryan has two weeks to prepare a scheme to attack costa-nagy. this is very nerve racking.

yet when you go 6-10 this is what you should do. In 05 after we went 6-10 the staff was changed, everything defensively was changed and offensively we changed a handful of parts.

Long term I hope it works out. I also am curious how this line will function under Tony Sporano next year....yes I am going out on a limb and saying he will replace houck next season as the Line coach here.
I'll take it. The Sparano/Garrett combination was deadly.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
exact same as ratliff.

Ratliff started 23 games at Auburn. All 13 games his Senior year. He actually started 1 game at TE his freshman season.

Nagy started 9 games in his 5 years at Wisconsin. Also, 1 start as a (blocking) TE.

Cythim

Reaction score
Our Oline will suck at the start of the season, but I like that we are gutting the hacks and getting fresh blood in. No playoffs thisyear and most of these guys aren't long term, but change is good.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ratliff started 23 games at Auburn. All 13 games his Senior year. He actually started 1 game at TE his freshman season.

Nagy started 9 games in his 5 years at Wisconsin. Also, 1 start as a (blocking) TE.

Have you actually watched him play or is it fact that he was a 7th round pick that just throws you off so much?

Nagy has looked very good, try actually watching him play before bitching so much.

Top Bottom