C

Cr122

Archer: Barring injuries, Cowboys remain team to beat in NFC East

09:17 PM CDT on Friday, August 20, 2010
SportsDayDFW.com
Dallas Morning News writer Todd Archer answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday as the Cowboys prepare to play their fourth preseason game against San Diego. Here are some highlights:

Any updates on Dez Bryant?

He spent some time with Jason Garrett after practice Wednesday on going over his assignments and he said he got all of the answers correct. As far as the ankle, he says he knows it's not full strength yet and he has not started running or cutting yet.

How many receivers do you see making the team? Is Kevin Ogletree in the group?

I keep going back from five and six. The last projection I did had five. I think Ogletree is in and he's been much better the last three days of camp than he ever was inside the Alamodome. I think Sam Hurd is on the bubble because of his salary but I might go back to putting him on the roster when I do the next projection.

How has Akwasi Owusu-Ansah performed against the pass and the run?

He had his best practice on Wednesday. He was much more active and noticeable. He has good range and moves well. We'll see how far along he is on Saturday, but for missing so much time I think he's doing OK.

It's hard to get a feel for how good or bad this team is. It seems that they are up and down in camp. Are the Cowboys still the team to beat in the NFC?

I had the Giants winning the division when camp started. Not sure what I think now but the Cowboys have a good chance to be the team to beat. Let's see if they don't suffer anymore injuries.

To read the rest of the chat, click here.

• • •

C

Cr122

lol Barring anymore injuries?

We better hope this offensive line we have can even help keep Tony off his back.

A month ago I would of said yes we are going to the Super Bowl, but now with these injuries to the offensive line I think we struggle to put points on the scoreboard.

Let's just hope the defense is where it has to be and we dominate games from the defensive side of the ball so we don't need that many points.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Actually you look at the list of injuries and I've seen worse.

The team has lost one guy to the IR so far... That's not bad.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Actually you look at the list of injuries and I've seen worse.

The team has lost one guy to the IR so far... That's not bad.

Exactly. And if you are going to have the short-term injuries, isn't it better to have them now? I complaiend about the early bye-week, but now it may appear to be a blessing.

C

Cr122

In tonight's game I want Brewster,Holland,Young,Bright or somebody to step it up and give this line some hope.

Prove me wrong and show me we can score points with a makeshift line. Believe me I want to be wrong.

Top Bottom