Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Over Randle's comments to the booking officer (the underwear) about Dez not being suspended for striking his mamma.

Reaction score
Joseph Randle jaws with Dez Bryant at Cowboys practice, causing Jason Witten to intervene

IRVING – Friday’s practice at Valley Ranch began with Dallas Cowboys starting wide receiver Dez Bryant and reserve running back Joseph Randle jawing back and forth at each other.

After the team lined up for their pre-practice stretching, Randle kept talking. That caused Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, who was just in front of Randle, to turn around and yell and curse at the second-year player, “Don’t say nothing from here on out.”

Randle appeared to say something else, causing Witten to turn around again and address him.

“I don’t really feel comfortable talking about it,” Witten said after practice. “We handle it inside our football team. It’s all good.

“There was a small issue and we were just trying to get it to stop so we could move forward with practice. There’s no issues there.”

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett declined comment on the pre-practice flare-up.

The incident occurred less than 24 hours after FOX 4 [KDFW] aired a portion of Randle’s arrest video from earlier this month.

While Randle was being booked at the Frisco City Jail, the Cowboys running back can be heard asking a jail employee if he will be suspended by the Cowboys because of his arrest.

Randle then mentions the prior arrests of Cowboys teammates Bryant and Josh Brent.

“Dez didn’t miss no games for smacking his mom,” Randle said.

“Josh Brent, he’s still up in the locker room,” Randle added. “He’s coming back. … He was driving drunk. That’s stupid.”

Does Randle regret the comments he made in the video?

“I regret saying everything,” Randle responded Friday before declining further comment.

Randle was arrested on a misdemeanor charge for allegedly shoplifting a package of underwear and a tester bottle of cologne from a Frisco Dillard’s department store on Oct. 14.

Bryant was asked after Friday’s practice if the verbal exchange with Randle was related to the jail video.

“Nah, nah,” Bryant responded. “It ain’t no big deal. We got to get on these Arizona Cardinals, man. … It’s all good, it’s all right. That ain’t no big deal.”

Cowboys backup quarterback Brandon Weeden played at Oklahoma State with Randle and Bryant. Weeden said arguments between the two players are nothing new.

“They’re always arguing about something,” Weeden said. “I’ve seen them fight over who is better, [Michael] Jordan or Kobe [Bryant]. When those guys are going at it, I just laugh at it. I’ve been around them, so nothing surprises me.”

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It appears Randle is just dumb. Just a dumb player, as Jimmy is known to identify.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Watched the vid and he was just kind of making small (nervous) talk with the officers there, talking about what his suspension might be.

Pep, any insight as to why this tape would get released in the first place? I bet tons of dumb and embarrassing things are said in booking situations like this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I think it was Hill or Watkins saying earlier that Randle might not be here much longer.

Then I believe it was Broaddus who said he saw Randle going into Garrett's office, and they closed the door.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
apparently Stevie Jones isn't denying that Randle may get released

could be two roster moves made today...one will be for Lawrence coming onto the active roster and the other could be Randle getting cut and Ryan Williams being activated

also read some comments that CB Tyler Patmon may start getting reps with the nickel/dime defense

Reaction score
Pep, any insight as to why this tape would get released in the first place? I bet tons of dumb and embarrassing things are said in booking situations like this.
Happens quite a bit in high profile cases. News organizations trying to bring in clicks and viewers make FOIA requests to the police department to get unprivileged information. Once the PD has given the case to the DA, they no longer have an investigation ongoing, they have to release this kind of stuff.

It's how TMZ got the Rice video... basically any celebrity level criminal offense evidence gets released this way.

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Randle got released.

Just doesn't match up with what our recent history of offenders is.

What.... Brent can kill a guy and keep his job, but Randle can't talk a little shit without losing his?

Reaction score
Randle is disposable though. Brent is not because Jerry did such a shitty job of replenishing our D line.

Top Bottom