Reaction score
Does anyone think the Jets struggles will help us to keep Rob Ryan around? I was listening to sports talk radio this morning (Czaben show) and they were suggesting that the fans will be calling for Rex's head today. That his loudmouth claims get tired when you're not winning, and that Rex's career is looking similiar to his dad's.

Does any of this play a factor in whether a team is willing/wanting to take a chance on a loudmouth, un-PC Rob Ryan to lead a team?

Reaction score
I think you have to look at the whole body (including the gut) of work. So far Rex Ryan has surpassed what his dad did as a HC. Buddy never lead his team to two Championship games in his first two years as HC. Jets don’t have a HC problem, they have an offensive problem. Sanchez has not improved in his third year and the running game has not helped him. Defensively they still rank 7th in defense (better than the Cowboys). They also don’t have a pass rusher like Demarcus Ware. I also wouldn’t count out the Jets.

I think the main thing that can harm Rob’s opportunities is more showings like they did in Philly. I mean if the Cowboys team would take a chance on him as a DC, a lesser team would see that and take a chance at him as HC. I think it will come sooner rather than later.

Reaction score
Okay... so Everlastingxxx thinks Rob will likely never get a head coaching job now. Anyone else?

Mr.Po

Reaction score
It may play a part but I think it would depend more on how the Cowboys perform than anything. If this team plays winning football with a strong defensive showing the rest of the way his stock will rise. I don't think Rex's short comings would deter a team from looking for a brash in your face no nonsense type of coach in the Ryan mold.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Rob will get a head coaching job.

I'd say it's a forgone conclusion if we make the playoffs this year.

If we miss the playoffs, I think there's still a good chance he's gone, but he'll get one soon.

Probably in 2012.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont know if it will be after this season or not. Probably depends on how many openings there are and which one/s actually are open. There's going to be a couple big name coaches out there already (Fischer, maybe Cowher) and those two would probably be at the top of most people's lists. Del Rio is probably gone in Jacksonville and he could become a candidate elsewhere too.

Reaction score
I fear the Eagles may finally say goodbye to Reid. I don’t want Ryan in the NFC East. If Ryan can continue doing what he is doing with the defense he will get some head coaching job interviews, no doubt about it.

Reaction score
It all depends on how deep we go into the playoffs. Garrett was a hot commodity after the 13-3 season, but that stock fizzled quickly the next year. Rex struggling has to hurt him though. They're twins. I think it's human nature to compare the two, whether good or bad.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think it does, buts so far Rob hasn't been lights out anyway. We're getting 12 men on the field every game and sometimes the players have no idea where to line up. Granted we've never had the smartest players, but still.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I fear the Eagles may finally say goodbye to Reid. I don’t want Ryan in the NFC East. If Ryan can continue doing what he is doing with the defense he will get some head coaching job interviews, no doubt about it.

He doesnt worry me that much. He's a decent coach, but he isnt the 2nd coming of Landry or Gibbs.

I'd rather the Eagles keep Reid, but if they hire Ryan I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I definitely think the same black cloud that followed both brothers before Rex was hired in NY, is going to be felt by Rob Ryan when he interviews for an HC position, as it's seeming that those fears about their mouths getting them into trouble is kinda coming true now that Rex is a head coach, and now that he's catching fire.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I definitely think the same black cloud that followed both brothers before Rex was hired in NY, is going to be felt by Rob Ryan when he interviews for an HC position, as it's seeming that those fears about their mouths getting them into trouble is kinda coming true now that Rex is a head coach, and now that he's catching fire.

I don't see how it doesn't.

It is not just Rex Ryan's problems.

Rob Ryan has cost Dallas dearly in two losses where there is little question that our opponents used his comments as fuel.

I know I would not hire him to be my head coach. His mouth is a problem. But also, he has not proven anything as a coordinator. At least his brother had a dominating defense in Baltimore first.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think it does, buts so far Rob hasn't been lights out anyway. We're getting 12 men on the field every game and sometimes the players have no idea where to line up. Granted we've never had the smartest players, but still.

lol

Reaction score
I don't see how it doesn't.

It is not just Rex Ryan's problems.

Rob Ryan has cost Dallas dearly in two losses where there is little question that our opponents used his comments as fuel.

I know I would not hire him to be my head coach. His mouth is a problem. But also, he has not proven anything as a coordinator. At least his brother had a dominating defense in Baltimore first.

U r an idiot.

Top Bottom