C

Cr122

Anyone Really Worried About Holland?
Posted by nickeatman at 8/19/2010 2:16 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

All this mess about sitting Tony Romo for a preseason game didn’t start until Kyle Kosier went down? Marc Colombo was hurt on Sunday and Robert Brewster was figured to be the guy some four days ago. I didn’t hear the talk about sitting Romo then.

So why make a big deal now that Montrae Holland will play instead of Kosier?

We’re talking about a veteran guy who 48 career starts. Do people not think he can handle the job? He handled it well two years ago when he had to play for Kosier.

I don’t think left guard is the issue at all. Remember, this is exactly why the Cowboys signed him – for this very reason. I know Kosier was hard to replace a few years back, but I don’t think the Cowboys will miss a beat with Holland.

Can’t say the same about right tackle. Then again, Holland has a 48-0 lead when it comes to NFL starts over both Brewster and Sam Young combined.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Holland doesn't offer the pulling ability that Kosier does. But the guy isn't going to be bull-rushed either. Between Holland, Gurode and Davis, that's a pretty strong group physically. Not the most nimble in space, but very strong.

Reaction score
Holland doesn't offer the pulling ability that Kosier does. But the guy isn't going to be bull-rushed either. Between Holland, Gurode and Davis, that's a pretty strong group physically. Not the most nimble in space, but very strong.

None of them really live up to their potential, either.

Just another thing they all have in common.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
None of them really live up to their potential, either.

Just another thing they all have in common.

That's a problem league wide. Most guys don't live up to their potential. But if they can function decently as a unit, this team has a good chance of having success in the post-season. I'm not expecting any 'Larry Allen' performances out of any of them, but they don't have to either. The skill guys on this team are pretty darned good. I'd love for the guys up front to be as good, but that isn't going to happen. If they can be "average" I think that will be good enough.

sbk92

Reaction score
This line is a collection of fat lazy underachievers and guys that just can't play.

Blow it up in the offseason and start over.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This line is a collection of fat lazy underachievers and guys that just can't play.

Blow it up in the offseason and start over.

Davis isn't going anywhere.

Doubtful that Gurode does unless a very high pick is devoted to center come next April.

Free is here for a while.

The two injured guys could be gone though.

C

Cr122

The two injured guys could be gone though.

Colombo and Kosier? If so I can see maybe Colombo gone, but not so sure we get rid of Kosier.

If it were me I would get rid of Bright,Brewster and draft a lot of offensive linemen in the next draft, then evaluate from there.

I mean if we can draft a lot of our replacements, then I would scrap this offensive line, and keep Free and Young.

Top Bottom