Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Only team in the NFL to run more than pass. Garrett definitely has no say in the construction of the offense. Now I'm sure of it.

Reaction score
Him and Del Rio.

Funny just 2 weeks ago, Zimmer was in the conversation. Probably not anymore.

Norv ran into the rigid Coryell wall that he has at every stop since he left Dallas. There are still many weapons on that offense, but the scheme has to adjust to the talent and when defenses have them figured out. The common Coryell excuse is to blame the O-line for not giving enough time but the fact is that any palpable repetition in offensive plays and tendencies gives the defense the advantage. Landry planned against giving the opposing defense any advantage and currently Belichick does the same.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Norv ran into the rigid Coryell wall that he has at every stop since he left Dallas. There are still many weapons on that offense, but the scheme has to adjust to the talent and when defenses have them figured out. The common Coryell excuse is to blame the O-line for not giving enough time but the fact is that any palpable repetition in offensive plays and tendencies gives the defense the advantage. Landry planned against giving the opposing defense any advantage and currently Belichick does the same.

There are? Like who?

And their OL is garbage.

Reaction score
If the season ended today, sounds like from the press he'd get major consideration for Coach of the Year.

If Jason won Coach of the Year, it would be just like when Jerry won Exec of the year. It'd be laughable.

Like... okay, you won the award, but if you were really starting a team from scratch, would you want either Jerry Jones in charge of building it, or Jason Garrett in charge of coaching it? Fuck no.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Jason won Coach of the Year, it would be just like when Jerry won Exec of the year. It'd be laughable.

I don't know if he'll win it or not, but if we went strictly just off the half season I think he would certainly have to be in the discussion. Most years a team trying to start a rookie middle round/later pick at QB for any length of time would be a kiss of death on its own, and we're 7-1 with a guy expected to carry to a clipboard for a couple seasons minimum. Tyron Smith and Lael Collins have missed significant time. Dez Bryant missed significant time. They didn't pour a bunch of money into new free agents. Two of their top four picks haven't played a single down.

Like... okay, you won the award, but if you were really starting a team from scratch, would you want either Jerry Jones in charge of building it, or Jason Garrett in charge of coaching it? Fuck no.

I'm with you (especially on the Jones part) but I don't think its relevant to whether the person deserves coach of the year for THAT particular year.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't know if he'll win it or not, but if we went strictly just off the half season I think he would certainly have to be in the discussion. Most years a team trying to start a rookie middle round/later pick at QB for any length of time would be a kiss of death on its own, and we're 7-1 with a guy expected to carry to a clipboard for a couple seasons minimum.

All the more reason why you know Garrett isnt the reason for it.

Dak's success is because of Dak and Zeke and not Garrett. We've got over 5 years of watching how well Garrett coaches to know the teams success isnt because of his great coaching. Probably any head coach in the NFL could be doing this with this team. How do I know? Because if Garrett is doing it, any of them could do it with this team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Two WRs in Treadwell and Patterson that can't seem to play in the NFL?

Asiata and McKinnon are at least Joseph Randle.

Here's why the Minnesota Vikings offense will be better without Norv Turner | FOX Sports

Maybe Norv should have just asked Shurmur to be his Linehan and resigned himself to clapping on the sidelines.

Norv's a great offensive coach and a superb playcaller, but even he cant make chicken soup out of chicken shit.

They don't have much to work with anywhere on that offense. Bradford needed a dominant run game to have any sort of decent chance, and even before Peterson got hurt they couldn't run the ball. Their OL is garbage.

Top Bottom