Reaction score
We all know about the Kirkpatricks, DeCastros, Boykins, Gilmores, and all the other names being tossed around for our first two picks. However there's an addage that teams are built on the formerly second, now third day of the draft. That's where scouts make a name for themselves.

Who are some projected fourth through seventh round selections you have an eye on, and think would be a good fit for this team. This will give some of the more casual draft fans an idea of who is out there that they should keep an eye on on Saturday.

Heres my list -

BJ Coleman, QB - If we decide to bring in a QB to compete with McGee as a back up, Coleman might not be the best guy for 2012, but I think for 2013 and as a potential replacement to Romo in three or four years that Coleman has a lot of potential. Prototypical size and a strong arm and decent accuracy. Projected to go in the fifth round.

Amini Silatolu, G - I haven't seen him play but I've read a number of scouting reports on him and he's one of the highest rated small school prospects available. Good size at 6'3 330lbs, and is an aggressive run blocker and has good movement ability (swings/pulls). This is a deep draft for interior lineman so he might be available in the 6th round.

LaDarius Green, TE - Wouldn't provide much in the way of blocking but is a very tall, lean, talented receiver from the tight end position. Could be a match up problem for defenses in the red zone.

Damon Harrison, DT - I like him because of his size - 6'2 340lbs. We need a plugger, and he has a lot of upside. Could be had in the 7th.

Top Bottom