Reaction score
Considering how well he's been playing this year, and how bad our defense looked without him on MNF... do you think we ought to consider re-signing him either before, or during next off season?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still say let him walk

This defense needs a bigger force off the edge. Spencer is a very good OLB overall. But we need to generate much more pressure defensively

Reaction score
That's the thing though, he's been decent in pressuring the QB this year. 2 sacks already in 3 games.

Should go up once we get more pressure in the middle (Ratliff).

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's the thing though, he's been decent in pressuring the QB this year. 2 sacks already in 3 games.

Should go up once we get more pressure in the middle (Ratliff).

I have to see way more to convince me

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think he can be re-signed or extended until the off-season. I think there's a deadline with franchised players when you can sign a new deal and we're past it.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Considering how well he's been playing this year, and how bad our defense looked without him on MNF... do you think we ought to consider re-signing him either before, or during next off season?

Guess it all depends on how much he will want. We have a history of giving marginal players that play well on their walk year big contracts.
Scandrick, Free, Austin

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Guess it all depends on how much he will want.

I'm on this to a point. If he'll take a mediocre player deal then yeah we sign him. If not, we can't let the fact that Butler sucks even worse deter us from moving on.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
1st things 1st, I'd like to see them put out Wilber. Check the merchandise so to speak. There comes a point there where you just have to let guys walk. You can't resign every good impending FA.

Venger

Spectator
Reaction score
Give me a middling player than an overpaid one - I'd rather pay that money elsewhere and get a return on my investment, instead of paying the perpetually underwhelming Spencer because that's "market rate" for the position.

Franchise player - if ever something was misnamed...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

in a word, no

Top Bottom