Reaction score
Our DE's are Lissemore, Spears, Coleman, Hatcher.

Coleman is a nothing player.

Spears is "solid", at best.

Hatcher is one dimensional.

Lissemore is an overachiever, and I like this player, but he's not someone we can rely on all the time.

We need a talent overhaul there.

I'd be perfectly fine with either Cox or DeCastro in the first. Then, opposite in the 2nd.

If we get G in first, then go DE in 2nd.

And then, throw in a corner somewhere in the draft, and then load up on DE's/DTs with the majority of our remaining selections.

To include trading up for surefire talent (or players the team really likes).

If the draft looked like

1. Fletcher Cox, DE, Mississippi
2. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
3. Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
4. Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama
4. Highest rated OLB
5. Ron Brooks, CB, LSU
6. BPA
7. BPA

... I'd be happy

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the line needs lots of work.

I have no problem with a defensive lineman.

at the same time we need help in the secondary still, and olb to replace spencer after this year, a center...a tight end, a wr, possibly a big power back like the kid from baylor....etc...

so as long as we dont screw it up and pick the one guy who is not a football player but an athlete and the guy starts right away we should be good...

its a two year retooling.....we need this draft to be great and next years also.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
the line needs lots of work.

I have no problem with a defensive lineman.

at the same time we need help in the secondary still, and olb to replace spencer after this year, a center...a tight end, a wr, possibly a big power back like the kid from baylor....etc...

so as long as we dont screw it up and pick the one guy who is not a football player but an athlete and the guy starts right away we should be good...

its a two year retooling.....we need this draft to be great and next years also.

Yep - lots of holes. Really need to nail this draft along with FA and the draft next year. Meanwhile, the window on Romo, Ware and Witten is slowly closing

I think Rat is starting to decline as well.

Really need some young guys to take that next step this year. Someone from this group really stepping up and establishing themselves would help: Harris/Radway/Holmes, Brent, Arkin/Nagy/Kowalski and Carter.

C

Cr122

No, because the games are won in the trenches. It's all about taking the BPA, but building the trenches are important.

We need more talent around Ware, Lee, and Ratliff. Same for the offensive line. We have Smith and a number of question marks.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We need to come away with a DE, and NT in the top 3 rounds. The FO doesn't seem to be crazy about any of the DEs on the roster, sans Lissemore, but you're right, Mid, that though he was a find in the 7th round, you can't expect to build the anchor of your 3-4 D on too many of those types.

Ratliff needs some breathers and it's apparent Josh Brent isn't the answer.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We need to come away with a DE, and NT in the top 3 rounds. The FO doesn't seem to be crazy about any of the DEs on the roster, sans Lissemore, but you're right, Mid, that though he was a find in the 7th round, you can't expect to build the anchor of your 3-4 D on too many of those types.

Ratliff needs some breathers and it's apparent Josh Brent isn't the answer.

brent has played well.

I think the issue that popped up in late november last year was that brent was out and then ratliff got overworked and injured....it was a huge issue. Just watch that first giants game the line was pretty poor and we got gashed in the running game....maybe if brent and ratliff were healthy it would have been different.

so if we get them some help we will be on the right track, but I think brent is a pretty good player

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lissemore is an overachiever, and I like this player, but he's not someone we can rely on all the time.

Funny is that is what they all sauid initally about Jay Ratliff. And Lissemore has been compared to Ratliff.

We need a talent overhaul there.

Getting a true NT and thereby moving Ratliff to DE and having Lissemore will serve as an overhaul, IMO.

I'd be perfectly fine with either Cox or DeCastro in the first. Then, opposite in the 2nd.

If we get G in first, then go DE in 2nd.

And then, throw in a corner somewhere in the draft, and then load up on DE's/DTs with the majority of our remaining selections.

To include trading up for surefire talent (or players the team really likes).

If the draft looked like

1. Fletcher Cox, DE, Mississippi
2. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
3. Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
4. Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama
4. Highest rated OLB
5. Ron Brooks, CB, LSU
6. BPA
7. BPA

... I'd be happy

Don't like it.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If you don't get a true NT, you knock 3-4 years off of Rat's career bare minimum.

I'm not sure if we have that on the roster right now. Brent has shown some potential, but not sure we can rely on him to take it on full time.

Top Bottom