dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Amazing job he did there. Total shocking news.

I was at Happy Hour and then dinner with some clients when this broke. One of them was a Bama guy and he was just stunned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Names being rumored for Bama are Oregon's Dan Lanning and Texans HC Demeco Ryans

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Conspiracy theorist in me thinks its possible Saban told the playoff committee he was going to retire.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yep, one of my coworkers is a huge Bama booster. He told me this earlier today.

Supposedly she has dementia or something similar and he wants to spend as much time with her possible.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FSU just got clobbered (again) by the NCAA. Mike Norvell might end up being Bama's guy now.

EDIT: scratch that, almost at the same time the news broke about the probation they announced Norvell is signing a contract extension.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sarkisian also announced he is staying at Texas.

Alabama has narrowed the focus of its coaching search to Washington's Kalen DeBoer, ESPN reports. The Crimson Tide are also expected to interview offensive coordinator Tommy Rees, who just finished his first season with the program after a lengthy stint as an assistant at Notre Dame. The latest movement comes after both Texas' Steve Sarkisian and Florida State's Mike Norvell -- who popped up as names to watch for the Alabama vacancy -- agreed on new deals to return to their current schools.

DeBoer has quickly risen up the coaching ranks after making a name for himself at NAIA Sioux Falls. He is 25-3 in two seasons as Washington's coach and is fresh off a 2023 campaign in which he led the Huskies to a Pac-12 title and the program's first appearance in the College Football Playoff National Championship.

Top Bottom