English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Witten had 1 catch for 5 yards. I don't think it's any coincidence that the offense looked better with Dak getting the WRs more involved. Don't get me wrong, Witten is a legend, but his declining athleticism means he is now pretty much limited to those 7 yard option routes. I think it had become too easy for Dak to just dump it off to Witten. I'm pleased he opened it up a bit yesterday and looked to go down field for TWilly and Dez. Those bigger chunk plays mixed in with Zeke's ground 'n' pound game is very effective.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Read a interesting stat, from Strum.

Honestly that is the best thing about Dak, he turns the ball over so infrequently Without knowing the score of a game you can go to turnover and 3rd down conversion stats and look. Normally the the winner in those categories wins the game. Dak gives the team a major advantage in the turn over category.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Honestly that is the best thing about Dak, he turns the ball over so infrequently Without knowing the score of a game you can go to turnover and 3rd down conversion stats and look. Normally the the winner in those categories wins the game. Dak gives the team a major advantage in the turn over category.

He makes good decisions most every time, and truly keeps protecting the ball among his highest priorities.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of #82, shouldn’t we be getting Rico Gathers back off of IR any day now?

I’d love to see what he can bring to this offense. He looked great in preseason

Hopefully this time off hasn’t stunted his growth. Or caused him to have a set back

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of #82, shouldn’t we be getting Rico Gathers back off of IR any day now?

Somethings is up with Rico. Jerry was asked about him yesterday by the beat writers and was uncharacteristically tight lipped about the situation. Beat writer got the impression he would not be back anytime soon.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
His eight game IR stint is over now

Don’t they have three weeks to make a move on him to either place him on the 53 or try to stash him on the practice squad again and “hope” that no one will snatch him up

Which they will

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not much in terms of yards per carry. he's been tackled for a loss in the backfield a lot this year. I'd be interested to know how often it happened in the first eight games of 2016.

He had some tough yards and teams are keying on him. It also seemed to me that the Chiefs were selling out to stop the run on some plays and brought heavy pressure daring Dak to beat them. I'd also bet that if our offensive scheme wasn't so predictable you'd see less teams taking those chances. Just my opinion, but I think the scheme has as much to do with Zeke getting tackled in the backfield as anything else.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Read a interesting stat, from Strum.

Those 49 touchdowns, without worrying about giveaways, is also rarefied air. The list of quarterbacks who have generated that in the first 24 starts of their career includes just a half-dozen others. They were all the talk of the league: Dan Marino, Kurt Warner, Daunte Culpepper, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers and Daryle Lamonica.

Romo's on that list? It can't be. I bet it pained you to quote it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But it did say, "without worrying about giveaways". Oh but I do Mr. Sturm, and so does Dak thankfully.

The names on that list are pretty exclusive with the exception of Cullpepper, who had Randy Moss to throw to. We were lucky to have Romo, who, unfortunately, was unlucky to have Wade and Red Dolt after Parcells.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I’d love to see what he can bring to this offense. He looked great in preseason

Hopefully this time off hasn’t stunted his growth. Or caused him to have a set back

Sounds like he is done for the year, it also sounds like there's some serious concern over whether he might come back at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His eight game IR stint is over now

Don’t they have three weeks to make a move on him to either place him on the 53 or try to stash him on the practice squad again and “hope” that no one will snatch him up

Which they will

No, they can simply IR him for the remainder of the year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fortunately the Chiefs found a DB with worse hands than Scandrick.

At first I thought the guy had got his hands on it, but the replay looked like the ball was thrown with such zip that he didn't touch it. Dude thought he could make the play, but the ball got by him too fast.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All this from a concussion?
Romo much?

Wtf? Did he crack his skull open?

There's been a few players that retired due to concussion/s. I think it also happens at lower levels (high school and college) too depending on how extreme it is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All this from a concussion?
Romo much?

Wtf? Did he crack his skull open?

By the way if you google it, the list of retired players due to concussions (some who only played a year or even less than a year in the NFL) is actually lengthy.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's possible that they're trying to hide and stash him away until next year.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
By the way if you google it, the list of retired players due to concussions (some who only played a year or even less than a year in the NFL) is actually lengthy.

I’ve seen players retire because of multiple concussions

But after his first one in the big leagues?

It just seems strange to me. Sure he might have had some in college or high school

It seems like something else is going on

Top Bottom