Reaction score
But the highest charge is for intentional harm, not accidental or merely negligent harm. Proving intent is the toughie, I would think. Giving the prosecutor the incentive to make a deal.
I don't think proving the intent was the driving force behind the deal. They are pleading him to reckless assault, which by definition is easier to prove than an aggravated assault... but it's more about the publicity IMO.

Either way it is a good deal for Peterson, he merely needs to hold true to all the conditions and the whole thing gets expunged.
Nope... not expunged. Dismissed. There's a huge difference.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nope... not expunged. Dismissed. There's a huge difference.
Ok. He still then, will have the arrest record and the plea result on his rap sheet? That's different from my understanding of deferred adjudication, at least how it works in Texas. Maybe this isn't a deferred adjudication deal.

Reaction score
Ok. He still then, will have the arrest record and the plea result on his rap sheet? That's different from my understanding of deferred adjudication, at least how it works in Texas. Maybe this isn't a deferred adjudication deal.
The criminal background will show an arrest, the charge, and the disposition. If it is deferred and/or dismissed, then the record will say so.

Expunction erases the arrest and charge from the record... it wouldn't say anything about it if it were expunged.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Expunction erases the arrest and charge from the record... it wouldn't say anything about it if it were expunged.
This is how I think deferred adjudication works in Texas. Been wrong before, could be now.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just listened to Fisher's report on the Fan. He called it "highly unlikely" that Demarco comes back next year. No explanation so that makes me curious as to why. Maybe Demarco wants every last penny and we wouldn't be that team? No idea.

But he said the Peterson to Cowboys rumor has always been out there and most of the time it's been stupid wishful thinking. But now it's very possible and it sounded like he almost expected it.

Also, on Dez -- His agent with CAA will be Tom Condon, who *does* try to get every last nickel for his clients. Also said he represents Julio Jones and some other top WR I can't remember and Fish thinks that could lead to sticky negotiations.

I doubt it has to do with Murray's demands.

I think it was reported Dallas was thinking in the $4M to $5M range.

His performance is worth more than that. Apparently the team has traded in it's "pay everyone as much as possible" cap mentality for one that is "pay everyone as little as possible". If they can't get the type of steal they did with Tyron, just about anything appears to be too rich for them.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Same here, Peterson on this team with Romo would be incredible.

I almost never feel bad for players except for when they suffer catastrophic injuries, but I have to admit I'd feel a little bad for Murray if we kept him on this crazy pace of carries and then let him go after he's basically used up.

Reaction score
I would much rather Peterson than Murray.

Same here, Peterson on this team with Romo would be incredible.

I almost never feel bad for players except for when they suffer catastrophic injuries, but I have to admit I'd feel a little bad for Murray if we kept him on this crazy pace of carries and then let him go after he's basically used up.

Yeah, it'd be good to have Peterson for a few years. I wonder how much salary cap it'd take.

Unless he gets hurt before the season ends, wouldn't you think that Murray would be very well positioned as he becomes a free agent?

Top Bottom