Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-te-aaron-hernandez-questioned-police-homicide-probe-223002099.html

According to Pete Thamel and Greg Bedard of Sports Illustrated, New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was questioned by Massachusetts State police investigating a possible homicide in North Attleboro, Mass.

The body of an unidentified 27-year-old Boston man was discovered by a jogger in a clearing in a North Attleboro industrial park at 5:30 p.m. ET on Monday. According to the Sports Illustrated report, the body was discovered less than a mile from Hernandez's home.

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass. reports that police found a 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in connection with the possible homicide. The vehicle was rented from Enterprise and, according to Sports Illustrated, the rental of that vehicle is tied to Hernandez, who is not believed to be a suspect in the homicide.

ABC News reports that Hernandez has been "uncooperative" with police, who refer to the deceased as an "associate" of Hernandez.

North Attleboro is on the Massachusetts/Rhode Island border, approximately 40 miles to the southwest of Boston and a little over 10 miles southwest of the Patriots' headquarters in Foxboro.

Hernandez was a 2010 fourth-round pick (No. 113 overall) out of Florida by the Patriots. Over the last three seasons, Hernandez has 175 receptions for 1,956 yards with 18 touchdowns during the regular season with 35 receptions for 360 yards and two touchdowns in six career playoff games. The Patriots signed Hernandez to a five-year, $37.5 million contract extension that included $16 million in guaranteed money on Aug. 27, 2012.

Twitter guys saying the police presence at his house has increased. There are 10 cruisers there and they've entered his home.

Reaction score
All the cars on the right are the popo

BNFFmppCIAMeKx6.jpg:large

Beautiful house.

Reaction score
‏@AdamSchefter50m
There was a buzz about Aaron Hernandez in Patriots' building all day. Belief is, he's not involved. But lots of questions.

Reaction score
ESPN write up...

Investigators searched New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's North Attleboro, Mass., home Tuesday in connection with the death of a man who police said was an associate of Hernandez, ABC News reported.

ABC News reports that Massachusetts investigators plan to interview Hernandez about the death.

During the search that lasted hours, two friends of Hernandez who were in the house tried to leave but were stopped by state police at the end of the driveway. Crime scene investigators later searched the car the men attempted to leave in, according to the report.

On Tuesday night, some police officers stood on the front steps of Hernandez's home and others could be seen inside. Some walked around the driveway and in the garage with flashlights. Before wrapping up their work for the night, one officer took a box out of the massive house.

Hernandez has not been named as a suspect, but a rental vehicle with Rhode Island plates was found near the scene, which led investigators to Hernandez, SI.com reported.

Hernandez was initially uncooperative with police after the body of a 27-year-old man was found in an industrial park not far from the Patriots player's home, two law enforcement sources told ABC.

Hernandez is represented by the Athletes First agency, which said it has no comment "on the Aaron Hernandez situation." The player's mother said by telephone from Connecticut on Tuesday she had no knowledge of a case involving him.

"I am aware of the reports, but I do not anticipate that we will be commenting publicly during an ongoing police investigation," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said.

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported on Tuesday that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in the town 40 miles south of Boston in connection with the possible homicide. The paper reported the vehicle is registered to Enterprise and investigators were hoping to analyze it for fingerprints.

The Patriots drafted Hernandez out of Florida in 2010. Since then, he has combined with Rob Gronkowski to form one of the top tight end duos in the NFL.

In 38 games, the 6-foot-1, 245-pound Hernandez has 175 receptions for 1,956 yards and 18 touchdowns. He missed 10 games last season with an ankle injury and had shoulder surgery in April, but is expected to be ready for training camp. The Patriots have not said which shoulder was operated on.

Last summer, the Patriots gave Hernandez a five-year contract. It was worth $40 million, according to reports, and came just months after the team locked up Gronkowski, through 2019.

"Aaron's improved a lot," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said at the time. "He's worked hard, he's improved a lot in all phases of the game -- the passing game, the running game, protection and his overall versatility. He's doing a good job for us."

Reaction score
Dude's also getting sued by someone alleging Hernandez shot him in the face at a skrip club. :wtf

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-files-lawsuit-claiming-aaron-hernandez-shot-him-195522866.html

As the Massachusetts State police continue to investigate Aaron Hernandez's connection to a homicide in North Attleboro, Mass., a Connecticut man has filed a lawsuit in the state of Florida alleging that the New England Patriots tight end shot him in the face following an argument in mid-February.

Initially reported by TMZ.com, Alexander S. Bradley, an acquaintance of Hernandez, filed a lawsuit in South Florida district court on June 13 alleging that, following an argument at a Miami strip club, a gun — possessed illegally by Hernandez — was pointed at Bradley and discharged while the two men were driving from Miami to Palm Beach, Fla.

According to the complaint, a copy of which you can read below,* Bradley suffered bodily injury, including the loss of his right eye. The suit alleges that Bradley has begun what will be a series of reconstructive surgeries to his face and that he has sustained additional injuries caused by this incident that "will require extensive medical care and treatment for the rest of his life".

The lawsuit was withdrawn on Monday, June 17, but Mike Garafolo of the USA Today reports that Bradley's counsel claims there was a paperwork error. David Jaroslawicz, co-counsel for Bradley, told Garafolo that the suit will be refiled on Wednesday.

Bradley is seeking damages in excess of $100,000 from Hernandez, who signed a five-year, $37.5 million contract extension with the Patriots last August that contained over $16 million in guaranteed money, mostly in the form of a $12.5 million signing bonus. According to a source with knowledge of Hernandez's contract extension, payments totaling more than 50 percent of that signing bonus were deferred to future years, however, $9.25 million was doled out between Aug. 27, 2012 and March 31, 2013. The final $3.25 million is not scheduled to be paid until March 31, 2014.

As for why Hernandez was not charged in that February incident, Jaroslawicz tells USA Today that his client was in the hospital for weeks and said that he was "sure the police were there". A spokesman for Miami-Dade police were checking to see if a police report was filed.

*Complaint available at the link.

Reaction score
WTF?

A Patriot shoots a guy in the face at a strip club and you hear nothing about it.

Dez wears droopy pants and it's all over Tmzspn.

Reaction score
Odin Lloyd, victim in murder probe involving Aaron Hernandez, paid his way to play football

Odin Lloyd lived on the opposite end of the football world. Aaron Hernandez, the New England Patriots tight end who was questioned after Lloyd's death near his home in Massachusetts, knew the bright lights and big money of the NFL. Lloyd was a semi-pro linebacker who paid for the right to tackle.

"It's a tremendous cross-section of people," says Tom Torrisi, the CEO of the 20-year-old New England Football League where Lloyd played. "Firefighters, dentists, accountants. These guys play for the love of the game and for the actual physical contact."

Odin Lloyd played linebacker for a semi-pro team. (Boston Bandits/Facebook)Lloyd, who was 27, joined the Boston Bandits with a group of friends from the John O'Bryant School of Math and Science in Roxbury in 2007, and together they formed the spine of the team. A former O'Bryant coach also works as an assistant for the Bandits.

"He was a very personable player, always in a good mood," says Olivier Bustin, the team's head coach. "Never had a problem with him. Liked by teammates. A very good athlete."

Bustin said he got no sense of anything amiss when he last saw Lloyd, at a scrimmage on Saturday. He said Lloyd played "great" that day, though he left his helmet behind. The last correspondence from the man they called ‘O' was about the forgotten helmet, which Lloyd had to buy himself.

On Tuesday, Bustin got a text from another coach: "Did you hear what happened to Odin?"

Lloyd was found dead in North Attleborough, a mile from the upscale neighborhood where Hernandez lives. Police came to Hernandez's house on Tuesday and left with a box, but it's not known if the NFL star was in any way involved in Lloyd's death. A report out of WBZ-TV in Boston indicated that Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. Lloyd lived in his uncle's home in Dorchester, which is roughly 35 miles from where his body was found.

The state medical examiner has ruled Lloyd's death a homicide, according to the Associated Press.
The Bandits went ahead with their practice on Tuesday.

"Some of the guys didn't know [what happened to Lloyd]," said Bustin. "We tried to get everybody on the same page. Odin played football and that's what we're going to do. Odin wouldn't want us not to practice. So we had our regular practice."

The league is close-knit, with about 2,000 players ranging in age from 22 to 36. Some are hoping for a chance to catch on in the Arena Football League, but most play for the camaraderie and exercise. Although the Bandits are considered "semi-pro," players pay $100 or more for equipment, which is sometimes defrayed by sponsorships from local businesses. The teams play mostly on high school fields from July until September.

"Things are hunky dory, well and good, and this ruins everything," says Torrisi. "The sting is devastating. This isn't the NFL; we're not equipped for this."

The Bandits have been hit by an inordinate amount of tragedy for a tiny team, according to its website. Derrick Rucker died in an electrical fire in 2002 and left behind a young daughter. Four years later, a Bandits rookie named Jeff Ibenewenka was murdered in Hyde Park, also leaving a daughter. Lineman Jason Mitchell died in 2008, two years after retiring from the Bandits. BJ Smith died in his sleep in 2009 at age 34, leaving behind a wife and two children. Cedric Warren was killed in a car accident last year. He also had a daughter.

Lloyd's team will play its season opener next week against Brockton, and it plans to honor the late linebacker.

Reaction score
Non Cooperative with the police smells of guilt

I know that is a natural response, but I got to be honest... I wouldn't ever talk to the police without a lawyer present, no matter how innocent I was. The cops could come into my office right now and want to question me on the JFK assassination and I aint sayin shit until I have legal representation.

Reaction score
I know that is a natural response, but I got to be honest... I wouldn't ever talk to the police without a lawyer present, no matter how innocent I was. The cops could come into my office right now and want to question me on the JFK assassination and I aint sayin shit until I have legal representation.
This is the exact right answer. When cops are investigating, they are crooked, and they will twist your words into making you guilty... every time. NEVER talk to them without a lawyer if you're a suspect in an investigation.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I can't stand cops anyway. They could legally lie to you and say 3 people have turned on you and said you did it.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Cooperating with the police is a good way to be found guilty, whether you did it or not.

OK

Sir May we talk come in and talk to you about a murder that involved a vehicle belonging to you

Fuck you. Get the fuck out. I didn't do anything wrong

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
OK

Sir May we talk come in and talk to you about a murder that involved a vehicle belonging to you
I will be glad to meet you down at the station and answer any questions you have, but my family is here so unless you have a warrant kindly get the fuck off my porch.

Then I would call a lawyer and be as cooperative as he told me.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I will be glad to meet you down at the station and answer any questions you have, but my family is here so unless you have a warrant kindly get the fuck off my porch.

Then I would call a lawyer and be as cooperative as he told me.

Top Bottom