Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He knows he's disliked by a lot of people, but I think we underestimate how small a circle it is that someone like him runs in. He's super busy every waking minute and he is mostly surrounded by family, people who work for him (sometimes the same thing), or people he has business dealings with -- none of whom are going to tell him what an idiot he is. In fact, most other businessmen he deals with greatly admire his ability to generate wealth and become a city and regional kingpin.

And as for the little hate he feels from fans who dislike him, I'm sure his super-overoptimistic nature thinks he's about to win over those people because the decisions he's made are just around the corner from working out.

So sadly, I really doubt he feels all this hate that fans like us have for him. By all accounts he greatly enjoys Being Jerry Jones.

This is pretty much what I've always thought.

For some reason, and maybe it goes back to that game he got booed off the video board, he just seems like a different guy. More willing to tell the fan base to fuck off, rather than preach false change.

I mean, before a few weeks ago, I would have never expected him to throw out that gem about him doing some of his best work lately as a GM. It's usually that recycled answer of "I evaluate everything at the end of the year, especially myself."

He knows he's going to die pretty soon, and IMO, he's reached the point of no return with this fan base. I don't expect him to do anything different, but I do expect him to become more abrasive toward the fan base as this team sinks in to total mediocrity over the next few years.

This Jerry doesn't have the luxury of pointing to recent past success like he did in the Campo years. This team is going to be much worse than those teams within 3 seasons.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when dbair said the cowboys had way more talent than my hapless chiefs

they probably do, but most of the talent isnt playing right now

the Chiefs also have betetr coaching

and to think, Reid was this <> close to hiring Monte Kiffin before we did. name #2 on our DC list was the guy they hired...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
“@espn_macmahon: Jerry isn't worried a bit about fan apathy because the Cowboys put on such an entertaining show.

Pissed about how the game went on Sunday? Don't be....it was entertaining.

What a fucking guy..

he basically insiuated that winning doesnt matter.

How can anyone be this fucking stupid. Even if all he cares about is money, having a "winning" team would equate to making MORE money

Fucking senile ass mother fucking hillbilly douche bag

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For some reason, and maybe it goes back to that game he got booed off the video board, he just seems like a different guy. More willing to tell the fan base to fuck off, rather than preach false change.
Maybe so. Maybe since he already has his palace built and all those PSL revenue streams coming in, he doesn't care as much anymore.

I also think something others have posted and I agree with, that he's mellowed as he's gotten older and he doesn't want to win as much as he once did. At one time I think he was more competitive and more of a hothead and think he'd have been furious after both the Saints and the GB game. He might not have fired Garrett right there, but I bet he'd have wanted to. Now it seems like he accepts it more.

I dunno, you're right that in the past he seemed like more of a salesman, though. Like he threw out more of that "I feel bad for our fans", even though I doubt he meant it. That could just be because in his dumbass optimistic bubble he's still hoping we win out, go 9-7, make the playoffs, and he's a hero. If we did collapse to 7-9 it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He'll feel validated if this team somehow pulls it together and makes the playoffs.

Garrett gets another year, no matter what in that scenario.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just listened to the audio on this topic.

Garrett isn't going anywhere as long as these last two games are close. Win or lose.

Its sad to sit there and listen to this guy talking about how .500 is okay, you just gotta eventually do something to better your team a little bit to get over that hump. "Everything is in place."

The bar is set so low with this team. It's pitiful.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry Jones not worried about fan apathy

The financial success Jerry Jones is having with the Dallas Cowboys doesn't stop him from trying to fix what's wrong with a franchise that's 135-135 since 1997.

And whether the fans have apathy toward what's happening on the field doesn't worry him either.

"Not with games like the other day," Jones said on his twice-weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday morning. "That's a show, if you want to look at it that way. Where there's due, we're there to win the ballgame and go forward and win the next ballgame."

Jones was talking about a thrilling contest Sunday afternoon where the Cowboys blew a 26-3 halftime lead and lost, 37-36, to the Green Bay Packers. Tony Romo threw two fourth-quarter interceptions and the defense allowed 34 second-half points with the Packers scoring on five second-half possessions.

It was the second-largest blown lead in Cowboys history and Romo has been part of the show the last few years, throwing seven interceptions with the score tied or his team ahead by one possession in the fourth quarter and overtime since 2006.

Jones' teams have one playoff victory under Romo and last reached the Super Bowl in the 1995 season. Finding the right head coach after Jimmy Johnson has been a challenge for Jones, who has voiced confidence in the current one, Jason Garrett, who is signed through the 2014 season.

Jones said Garrett will return.

But it will be hard to accept Garrett returning again if the Cowboys fail to reach the postseason for the third consecutive season under Garrett. If that occurs, the Cowboys will have missed the playoffs four consecutive seasons. The most recent longest stretch of missing the playoffs for the Cowboys was 1986-1990.

The Cowboys have a chance to reach the postseason if they win their remaining two games, starting Sunday at the Washington Redskins.

But the stunning loss to the Packers raised serious questions about the direction of the franchise, yet again.

“There’s no orchestrating that the other day,” Jones said. “I think everyone knows what’s at stake. We spent more money on this ball team than anybody in the NFL did this year. We have the leading No. 1 spend on a football team right here. We let it all hang out, we should."

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just listened to the audio on this topic.

Garrett isn't going anywhere as long as these last two games are close. Win or lose.

Its sad to sit there and listen to this guy talking about how .500 is okay, you just gotta eventually do something to better your team a little bit to get over that hump. "Everything is in place."
The bar is set so low with this team. It's pitiful.

We've been listening to that, what, like 17 years?

For a guy who prides himself on his GM work, he sure is afraid to tear down the roster and build it up from scratch.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For a guy who prides himself on his GM work, he sure is afraid to tear down the roster and build it up from scratch.

Good point, but there's really nothing to tear down. It's like Hiroshima constantly.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have to admit, I like listening to him talk. There's something intriguing about him.

Link to the audio:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/12/17/jones-we-werent-counting-on-getting-any-stops/

Hell no I'm not listening to his sorry ass and giving him the attention he so desperately seeks

The best thing people could do as fans is to completely ignore him and the team, don't call in to shows, don't watch ESPN, NFL network, complain, do nothing.

Total apathy is our only hope of getting his attention

unfortunately this will never happen

Reaction score
Hell no I'm not listening to his sorry ass and giving him the attention he so desperately seeks

The best thing people could do as fans is to completely ignore him and the team, don't call in to shows, don't watch ESPN, NFL network, complain, do nothing.

Total apathy is our only hope of getting his attention

unfortunately this will never happen
The best way to get his attention would be stage a boycott of the season opener... too many mouth breathers in this fan base to organize something like that.

For the most part, fans don't understand that they have the power to make Jerry do what they want if there was a consistent and coordinated effort.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We spent more money on this ball team than anybody in the NFL did this year. We have the leading No. 1 spend on a football team right here. We let it all hang out, we should."

No you shouldn't, you jackass!!

Keep your powder dry, give your team some flexibility to adapt to the injuries that will inevitably occur, don't let you players have so much security, build a 53 man roster & quit wild-catting in the hope a couple of flashy players can carry the team to the promised land, its never gonna happen that way in the injury riddled NFL!

Give your team a chance to compete today and in the future vs trying to hit a damn home run every time you come up to bat, Jesus Christ, see if you can simply figure out how to lay down a damn bunt for a change.

Asshole!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Apathy is at an all time high right now. If anything is ever going to be organized, now is the time.

Iamtdg's site was 5 years too early.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The best way to get his attention would be stage a boycott of the season opener... too many mouth breathers in this fan base to organize something like that.

For the most part, fans don't understand that they have the power to make Jerry do what they want if there was a consistent and coordinated effort.

Never gonna happen, too many dumb asses sunk too much money into the PSLs and sell their tickets in order to protect their investment, so the stadium will just be filled with our opponents fans (like we saw in the last game).

I have no doubt apathy is the way, just imagine if no one wanted to interview Jerry, the Cowboys weren't constantly in the news or on TV, radio shows stopped following the Cowboys and newspaper articles dwindled to an after thought. Let the interest and complaints be relegated to forums on the internet where Jerry can't profit from our rage or happiness.

That would drive jerry nuts because he's like an insecure teenage girl constantly seeking attention but never getting enough.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Jerry become irrelevant and ignored by the media and the masses.

Having said that, just like there will never be a boycott, there will never be mass apathy because we're all too emotionally invested to ever coordinate well enough to affect change.

Count me part of your boycott though, I started weeks ago

Top Bottom